Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spicer8890 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2012, 04:02 PM
    return vent
    is my return register to big for my house I have about 1800 sq ft used to be a under floor gas furnace and was upgraded to a central heat and air with natrual gas out side but they left the old register in the hallway floor which is 52" long and 36" wide and takes 2 20x25 filters it is always very unbalanced temps through out the house
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 21, 2012, 04:38 PM
    So you have a return register that is over 5 feet by 3 feet?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Return vent question [ 7 Answers ]

I recently had issues with my Rudd unit, MODEL: UBHC-17J06NFH, 12 SEER, not cooling other have of home, I had a tech out yesterday and he offered a new Nutone system, I researched and it seems it like any other air system just different label. I have a large return vent in ceiling in LR and...

Return air vent [ 2 Answers ]

Is it OK to cover return air vent to block cold air

AC return vent size [ 4 Answers ]

Maybe you can help me. My home has 2 zone heating/cooling. The AC units are 3 ton and 3.5 ton. I live in Arizona. Liquid lines were swapped out last year with 3/8" since 1/4" was the wrong size. The return vent hoses (1for each zone) are 16" round. The 3.5 has a 20x24 diffuser vent cover. The 3 ton...

Loud Return Vent [ 2 Answers ]

I recently added a second story to my existing ranch. I put a second zone for the second floor, and left the first floor as is. My return on the first floor opens up at the floor level on a wall and is approx. 24"w x 14"h. I used to have a baseboard cover, but it got thrown out. I went to the...

Return vent/duct [ 4 Answers ]

I have a few questions regarding my cold house. I have 2 very large what I was told are returns in the floor in different rooms. One is connected by duct work to the furnace. The other is just open and I can see right into the basement through the grate. Do I need to leave the "open" one...

View more questions Search