Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jddarr66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2012, 10:35 PM
    Dual AC Zone?
    We have a two story house with a thermostat on the first and second floors. Does this automatically mean a dual zone with a single unit? The reason I ask is can the two thermostats be set differently... one on heat and the other on cool? It may sound crazy since one thermostat would operate the heater and the other thermostate would operate the ac unit.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

David
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2012, 04:17 PM
    If you have a single condenser outside, no, only heat or AC. You have a dual zone system, I have one like that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual zone heating - downstairs zone sweltering [ 4 Answers ]

I have dual zone heating in my condo and the upstairs is working fine but the downstairs is sweltering hot. (80 degrees) I am not cooking and do not have my clothes dryer running. The thermostat is only set to 68 but the system still keeps kicking on. This just started last night. The thermostsat...

Dual zone - no heat in zone one [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrier forced air dual zone heating and cooling system with programmable t-stats at the first and second floor of my house. The unit is in the attic. The problem is at the first floor. The heat does not work at this level. When the user set temperature goes below 3 degrees than the room...

Dual Zone heating [ 4 Answers ]

We have been having problems with our dual zone system, operated by two Simple Comfort 3001 thermostats. When both systems are on, the temperature in one of the zones (typically upstairs when heat is running, downstairs when airconditioning is running) will exceed the limit for that zone, but the...

Dual zone [ 1 Answers ]

The question is if this will substantially raise my pg&e bill. The company that came out diagnosed the problem as the damper is not closing properly, nor sending the air to the right vents. The upstair control is sending some of the air downstairs and a couple upstairs do not work at all. So the...

Dual zone heating [ 1 Answers ]

Tell me the pros and cons of dual zone heating

View more questions Search