Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richardshouse Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2012, 01:20 PM
    White Rodgers Thermostat Troubleshooting
    My thermostat was reading a correct temperature of 74 degrees then went down suddenly to 40d it's that that cold in my house, I live in Florida, what's up with that?

Dec 19, 2012, 01:34 PM
    Why is my temperature reading 40 degrees lower than it should, this happened suddenly model 1F82-261.

Dec 19, 2012, 01:36 PM
    My model thermostat model is 1F82-261 the temperature suddenly went down 40 degrees on my thermostat, it was reading 74 which was correct, Why?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 19, 2012, 04:39 PM
    Sounds like for some reason the stat is reading in celsius instead of fahrenheit. You will need the stat instructions to get it set back to F. Either this or your stat is shot.
    White Rodgers Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2012, 08:53 AM
    Hi. This is Aaron Moratalla from White Rodgers. For 1F82-261, press the reset button inside. Pull the front cover off to locate the circuit board. Look below fan switch and press the reset button. The screen should blank out momentarily and when it goes back it will give you a normal operation. If you need more help please don't hesitate to call our tech line at 800-284-2925. Thank you for choosing White Rodgers!
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 21, 2012, 04:59 PM
    Hey Aaron. Thank YOU for taking the time to help out here at AMHD. Great info, and awesome for you to leave your tech number. Hope to see you around on the heating forum. Take care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troubleshooting white-rodgers thermostat? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1f78 model thermostat. Everything appears to work ,except when button put to heat, unit clicks off. I replaced batteries. Pilot lite/furnace works fine in other zones.

Troubleshooting for white Rodgers 1f78 [ 0 Answers ]

My thermostat turns on for a few seconds then turns off even after reprogramming or resetting. What should I do next to get the heater to start working? How do I stop it from turning on for a brief moment then turning off?

Troubleshooting a white-rodgers thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I live in an apartment, had a White-Rodgers model # 1F80-361 programmable thermostat installed 3 months ago. I prefer a non-programable, so the installer set it so I could adjust it manually. Recently, I changed the time, which I shouldn't have bothered to do. Now, it defaulted back to factory...

White-rodgers thermostats troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

Nothing on screen. Changed the batteries but still nothing

View more questions Search