Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    larese Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 08:19 AM
    Michigan law- minitort on a state owned vehicle
    I got hit the other day, she was at fault, but she was driving a minivan with a state owned vehicle license plate... now they're saying that even though she was at fault, I have to pay for my deductable and her insurance company doesn't have to.. kind of weird.. any ideas?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 15, 2007, 08:27 AM
    And what does your insurance company say? Sounds like you will need to sue the state's insurer to recover the deductible
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2007, 09:32 AM
    If she is at fault your insurance does not have to do anything since her insurance is to pay ( state vechiles have insurance onthem) you need to file a claim with their insurance.

If her insuance will not pay, you can turn it over to your insurance and let them pay ( you will have to pay deductable) then your insurance company will sue their company and if they win they will get your deductable back.

But you need to contact their insurance to start with
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Hello larese:

Let's see. You got a bureaucrat. You got insurance. You got a burearcrat talking about insurance. Of course, there's going to be lies. Duhh!

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renting a home owned and buying another [ 4 Answers ]

We are in the process of buying a new home to be built in June 07 and will have to mortgage 160k. We currently own a 8 month old home (paid for in cash). However my husband wants to rent this home to pay for the mortgage on the other new home, I say sell, he says rent ! I'd rather sell and be...

Kansas State Renters Law for Renters [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Lenexa, Kansas a part of Johnson County Kansas. I need to know What the law is governing renters rights when it comes to repair of things Like garbage disposals etc. I also need to know if it is a requirement of the Law to have shades or blinds furnished by landlord or if this is the...

View more questions Search