Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tashcar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2012, 08:02 AM
    Adaptive Intelligent Recovery
    I have a Honeywell thermostat with Adaptive Intelligent recovery. I also have a heat pump with an electric air handler and an energy inefficient house (which we are addressing with some insulation upgrades, window replacements, weatherstripping and aforementioned heat pump). This is all taking time and in the meantime the AIR is turning the heat on at 3:00 am to make the temperature hit it's programmed level by 6:15am. This is waking us up.

I've read that it is good to use AIR when you have a heat pump but I really want to turn it off. I just want the heat to come on at 6:15 not be up to temp at that time. FYI, night temp is 6 degrees cooler than morning temp.

Can someone tell me if it's a bad idea to turn it off, and if so, should I be adjusting the schedule to accommodate its crap AIR feature?

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore adaptive defrost problems model # 106.64239400 [ 1 Answers ]

The unit cools intermitantly. I have changed the start device and it continues to do the same. It will cool down for a couple of hours then it will warm up for a couple of hours. Freezer coils not blocked with ice. Temp control or adaptive defrost control? Any help would be appreciated.

Maytag/JennAir adaptive defrost control [ 1 Answers ]

Can a faulty board, let's say burned in a "defrost" mode, cause the entire refrigerator to stop working? It seems to me that the compressor won't run while the unit is in defrost mode and if mine is stuck in permanent defrost, it may explain why the compressor won't start. I have already replaced...

Pro TH4000 Thermostat: can I override the Adaptive Intelligent Recovery? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to turn off the Adaptive Intelligent Recovery feature on the Honeywill Pro TH4000 thermostat? If not, does Honeywell make another 5-wire thermostat that does not have A.I.R.

I was told by a GE tech rep. You can't adjust adaptive defrost. [ 1 Answers ]

I thought amplification adjustments was a design requirement. Without the resistors we would see infinity of course; however, with no way to adjust the probes ability to have an adequate threshold is insanity. I was told, just order a new board upon checking the thermistor probe for proper ohm's....

Maytag adaptive defrost control board [ 0 Answers ]

I need to find out where I can find the location of the adaptive defrost control board for my Maytag side by side refrigerator

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.