Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    D425 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2012, 11:51 AM
    Electrical question
    I thought a second light would go off/on being powered from the original motion sensor light in my garage. The original motion sensor light works as usual, the second light is always on. Why? Thanks.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Dec 17, 2012, 11:57 AM
    I had to read this three times to figure it out but I finally got it.

The only way for the MD to activate a second light is if it is wired off the red and white in the MD itself. If you wire it off the switch it will go on and off with the switch.
    If you do do this make sure the MD has the capacity to work an additional light.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask an electrical question [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use LED lamps in a regular security motion detector fixture?

Electrical question [ 0 Answers ]

Trying to replace a ceiling fan/light but nothing is working. I didn't take note of how things were wired when I removed the old one. Coming out of the ceiling I have 1 black, 1 white, and 1 copper wire (ground). The fan/light has 1 white, 1 black, 1 blue, and one green wire. I attached the white...

Ask an electrical question? [ 1 Answers ]

I have just purchased a steam mop from the usa I live in the uk I also got a ac converter but the mop still dosen't work there is a green light on so there is power but it doesn't heat up. Can you tell me why this is

Electrical Question [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I have an electrical question. I have 2 lights I'm adding to a circuit. The circuit already has 4 lights all that are controlled by a single switch. I've branched off one of these lights to give power to 2 additional lights with 14/2. The 2 lights are each controlled by a single pole switch. ...

Electrical Question [ 3 Answers ]

I have a craftsman lt2000 riding lawn mower.Used the mower to cut grass and turned it off.Blew mower off with blower and now it won't start.Motor will not even turn over.Any suggestions?

View more questions Search