Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marbra Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2012, 04:51 AM
    Scared to take a test.
    3 days before my period was due I had a spot of blood and slight brown discharge and then nothing more (with cramping), I got my period with cramping on my due date it lasted 3 days I have been nauseas all week. I had sex while ovulating the condom we used broke. I feel pregnant but how could I be if I just had my period? Scared to take a test.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2012, 08:15 AM
    Some women have a "light" period on the first period of pregnancy. So this is very possible.

Also even using condoms they have a 3 to 10 percent failure rate and often failures are not noticed.

So just having sex means you have to be prepared for pregnancy.

But you wait 10 to 14 days after the light period and test.
    DaniiLuvsUx3 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2012, 08:20 AM
    For a women there is technically only 3 days out of the month you can get pregnant, but that does not mean it can't happen, you say you had sex while you were ovulating and then you got a very light irregular period, of course there is a possibility, but you will not be able to tell unless you take a test...

Dec 16, 2012, 12:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Some women have a "light" period on the first period of pregnancy. So this is very possible.

Also even using condoms they have a 3 to 10 percent failure rate and often failures are not noticed.

So just having sex means you have to be prepared for pregnancy.

But you wait 10 to 14 days after the light period and test.
    Hi, thank you for your reply.

I took a test and it was negative so I feel pretty confident that Im not pregnant. Why do you say to wait 10-14 days after the light period? Its already been 3 weeks since the unprotected sex, wouldn't it come up on a test now anyway? Thank you for your help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 16, 2012, 04:39 AM
    No, some women may not even show a correct test even up to two months pregnant.

Many tests are not correct till at least 10 days to two weeks after the missed period.

I told you this, so you could get a correct reading. Always use first urine of the morning

Dec 16, 2012, 02:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    no, some women may not even show a correct test even up to two months pregnant.

many tests are not correct till at least 10 days to two weeks after the missed period.

I told you this, so you could get a correct reading. always use first urine of the morning
    Ok, thank you again for your fast reply and help. :-)

Dec 17, 2012, 02:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbra View Post
    Ok, thankyou again for your fast reply and help. :-)
    It would be nice just to know if I am or not, I keep getting these waves of nausea but that's all. I don't have sore boobs. The not knowing is a little annoying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Haven't bought home pregnancy test. Scared might be pregerz! [ 2 Answers ]

So in August I had sex the last two weeks. I'm not sure if it was my period in September or not. It was for 3-4 days and I usually bleed for 5 days to a week. The first day it was light and the second it got heavier, the third day I could tell it was going away soon and the fourth day it was a...

Scared to take a test [ 2 Answers ]

I have done an ovulation calender and set when I started my period on the 18 and I still have not started I've had cramps and stomach cramps my boobs hurt and I have felt sick

Am 5 days late for my period but scared to do a test [ 2 Answers ]

Am 5 days late for my period I have been trying for 2 month and keeping track of ovulation and my most fertie days! I ave sore breasts and some cramping and feeling sick! I want to do a test but scared of the answer because I would like it to be positive! Heeeellllpppp

To scared to take the test [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 26 with a 2 and a half year old I am 3 days late now, have been trying to get prenant for 7 months , But each month come and goes with great disappointment, I have a test here,but don't want to take it in case its negative, I have a history of irregular periods so it could I'm...

I'm scared.drug test tomorrow [ 7 Answers ]

I've been smopking for awhile now and I got caught up in some stuff and now I'm on probation so I have to drug test tomorrow I just smoked w/ my girlfriend and my homegirl.. will certos work, if not what should I do?? :confused:

View more questions Search