Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tttanya Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 11:41 PM
    State taxability of bank interest tax-exempt on 1040NR
    Do you need to include the bank interest that is not taxable on 1040NR on
    Your state tax return? i.e. is this interest taxable by state (CA) even if it is not
    Taxable by Federal.

Thanks, Tanya
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 18, 2007, 06:26 PM
    The treaty exemption also applies to the state return for California.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1040NR-EZ Total wages and scholarships exempt by a treaty [ 3 Answers ]

I came to US in October, 06 on H1B visa from India and would be filing my US returns for the first time. I would be filing my 1040NR-EZ form and in that context would like to know a) what is the amount I should put against line 6 Total wages and scholarships exempt by a treaty from page 2, Item...

US tax requirements on foreign bank interest [ 1 Answers ]

Hello tax helper, I am a US citizen who went to medical school in Canada. After graduating in 2005, I sold my apartment and kept all the money in a Canadian funds GIC account. I have earned several thousand in Canadian dollars in 2006. I am trying to figure out what my tax obligations are to...

Paycheck Tax Exempt [ 2 Answers ]

I Heard That You Can Claim Tax Exemption For A Few Paychecks A Year. Is This True? Will The Money That Is With Held During The Year Be Deducted From My Annual Tax Return?

Foreign Tax on you.S. Bank Interest [ 1 Answers ]

To Atlanta Tax Expert Thank You for your response

Reporting interest income on 1040NR-EZ [ 3 Answers ]

Hi ATE, I have read most of tax related topics in this forum and I feel this is a very helpful forum. I need your advise on my status: I was a student until April-2005 (Originally I came on F-1 status in Aug-01), my OPT was started in May-05 and I got job in August-05, my H1-B start date is...

View more questions Search