Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmcc Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2012, 03:51 PM
    My pregnancy dating is off. Please help!
    I got an ultrasound on July 9 that said I was ten weeks. Which goes back to April 29. My due date was Feb 3. I have been using that ever since. I always kept track of my periods and my lmp was April 4 to the 13. But using those would make my due date Jan 9. Which is way off.? When would my conception be from going off the ultrasound. Would it be April 29? Ten weeks before that ultrasound I'm co confused. Any help would be appreciated
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2012, 04:09 PM
    The best guess is a four week window for conception, its NOT medically or scientifically possible at this day and time to get closer than that... if the exact date matters so you can know who the father was then a DNA test is the only way to know.

The only way to know an exact date is if that was the only day you ever had sex before finding out you were pregnant..

All these tests can do is allow them to make educated guesses... and guesses are inexact by nature.

Dec 12, 2012, 06:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    The best guess is a four week window for conception, its NOT medically or scientifically possible at this day and time to get closer than that.....if the exact date matters so you can know who the father was then a DNA test is the only way to know.

The only way to know an exact date is if that was the only day you ever had sex before finding out you were pregnant..

All these tests can do is allow them to make educated guesses....and guesses are inexact by nature.

Well I mean I know for a fact my period was April 4 -13. But that would make my due date Jan 8. My ultrasound says Feb 3
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2012, 06:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcc View Post
    Well I mean I know for a fact my period was April 4 -13. But that would make my due date Jan 8. My ultrasound says Feb 3
    THe date of your period means nothing... some women conceive while having their period.

Dec 12, 2012, 10:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    THe date of your period means nothing....some women concieve while having their period.
    Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are ultrasounds accurate in dating pregnancy [ 13 Answers ]

I am confused with ultrasounds. My 1st US said I was 4wks 5d pregnant,and my second one Which was 6 days later said I was 6wks 2 days, and my third US said I was 6 weeks 1 day, The Heart rate was at 156 beats per minute so it was great. But I Got a scare, that the Baby is not growing right. I...

Want to try online dating, but What to do if None of dating sites have enough locals? [ 4 Answers ]

I never had a GF. I want to try online dating but the sites I've seen only have like 5 women from my city and not my type. That's dumb. Why would I sign up to sites that have no one from my city.

Dating stuff help! Well young people dating [ 9 Answers ]

This guy has like me all year... he even liked me when I had a boyfriend but he asked me out a couple times and I finally said yes. But now I kind of like his friend. But I've only been going out with this guy for 2 days so is it no problem breaking up with him for his friend? Or has he been...

Teen Dating girl dating younger boy? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm a 15 year old girl turning 16 in September and I'm in year 10. This boy who I think is reallly cute asked me out the only problem is I found out that he is turning 14 and in year 7! Would it be wrong if I Went out with him considering there is a 2 yr age difference?? :confused:

View more questions Search