Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Dec 10, 2012, 05:58 PM
    Requesting Credit Limit Increase
    How long after getting a credit card should you wait before requesting an increase? I've heard that 6 months is the minimum but I'm not sure.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 06:06 PM
    Most will not after 6 months, most will be about a year, so much will depend on current credit scores and limits on the cards.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Dec 10, 2012, 06:13 PM
    Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am a free member once a month I get harassed by AOL requesting my credit card numb [ 2 Answers ]

I Once a month I get a request from AOL to update my billing and provide my credit card number.. I also have a free service with other Internet providers.. they do not ask my credit card number --- why do you harass me? I am a free member and do not buy anything through AOL anyway

A customer of Bank A is requesting us to take over the credit facilities exactly as [ 1 Answers ]

A customer of Bank A is requesting us to take over the credit facilities exactly as existing. Prepare a CREDIT APPRAISAL based upon the attached request.

What is debt-to-credit-limit ratio? [ 1 Answers ]

What is debt-to-credit-limit ratio?

Credit score increase [ 1 Answers ]

I know that lowering your charge card balances will help your credit score. By what percent is effective AND is it OK to reduce your overall cc debt by that percent, or should it be on each card? Id like to pay off the highest interest rate cards while keeping the lowest interest rate cards near...

FICO Credit Score: Maintain a 50% debt to credit-limit ratio on _each_ card? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been advised that I should transfer part of a balance of one credit card to another card in order to maintain 50% debt to credit limit ratio on _each_ card even though my _total_ debt to credit limit ratio is already below 50%. (Most of the debt is on one card for convenience.) I could...

View more questions Search