Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    falco_crib Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2012, 07:21 PM
    Workmans comp case
    Hello, my name is Henry Smith. I would like to tell whomever that for 4 yrs I have been done wrong in all aspects. I worked for {Company removed} in Gadsden Al, for over a year. I was CSR ( Credit manager)
    I was very good at my job. Always on time and doing extra for the company everyday. I am disabled (full) and was trying to work so that I could get off disability and the manager basically pushed me downstairs carrying furniture.
    I then broke my back and couldn't work anymore then. They denied me Workmans Comp because the manager didn't report it immediately. So got a lawyer and had 2 major back surgeries, pain suffering, marrital problems through this time.
    No money to pay bills ex. So after 2 yrs of dealing with this mess I was getting better and stronger. I got my lawsuit but u wouldn't know it though. For almost 3yrs of no money from Workmans Comp because of {Company removed} negligence to file the report after a yr they finally did. My attorney also took advatage of me and my disabilities. I asked him please can I have a guardian in here with me to help me understand what I'm signing, and what not to sign. My lawyer knowing I had a Mental disability said"NO Absolutely not!" And told my wife Tammy which was 32 at the time to completely leave the premises. I asked for my mom, dad, and a vocational worker to sit by my aid. He still denied me. I have bi-polar, ADHD, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Major Depression. He did me wrong at the settlement time. I had to stand out in the sun on back of a car and listen to my lawyer beg me over and over to sign. I said NO about 10 times, but finally he got the best of a disabled person and I signed all of my rights away not knowing what I was doing. I wound up getting 18k, well 25 but crumy lawyer got the rest. Mind you his fee was only 15% so try and calculate that. There is no way possible to come up with that figure. I don't know what to do now, back is starting to hurt again and I'm getting very weak in that area, yes went to Physical therapists for while, but the damage I'm not sure if it is going to ever get better. My surgeon , the lawyer's best friend come to find out gave me a rating of 15 or 10 % loss of function in my back. There is no way about that either. I had bones shattered everywhere in my back, disc's broken, bulging, herniated. They did a Endoscopy 1st, but came to find out after they closed me up, that they left fragments all in my back. So I had to go through more agony and have open back surgery. At operation time he came to my wife and said" We had some complications" Never said what they were. In 2011, I tried to work again, cause my back was feeling better. So {Company removed} mailed me a letter that after or when I get better to apply and they would hire me instantly with restrictions if I needed them. You see {Company removed} fired me after I got hurt 6months, only 6 months. Not right either. I have every document there is on this whole case if someone maybe you or someone you know that could maybe re-open this dreadful case or appeal as many times as I can. I'm not letting it go ever! Some lawyers tell me that I have a Misrepresentation issue against my lawyer and Surgeon, but don't know how to go about doing this. I don't have the money right now to Hire a really good attorney to take these cases. Something called "Statue of Limitations" is kind of messing things up. 2yrs after injury to re-open, but some attorney's said there are ways to re-open a case if it is visible and it is clear that this case was setup from day 1. I went to 3 doctors in ths case. And thank the Lord I had medicaid and medicare because of disability. My 1st doctor took x-ray's and siad "Henry there is absolutely nothing wrong with your back at all. I have the documents where he said that too. I was still hurting so I went to 2nd doctor, he said "Henry we need to have surgery right away, cause this is serious with those bones floating in your back 1 could get longed and paralize me instantly.
    So we had the Endoscopy surgery. I felt no different a week no different 2 weeks no different, so I went back to 2nd doctor and he said there is no more bone fragments or anything to be hurting your back. Got documents of that too. So went to 3rd doctor, and he looked at the same x-rays and MRI's that the 1st doctor saw. He pointed out to me all of the bone fragments still left in my back big ones , small ones exct. So the 2nd doctor lied to me and my family, and I could have been paralized at any time. So I went back to the 2nd doctor that lied to me, and I told him what the 3rd doctor found. He shut his glass window of the office and raised his voice don't come back, you are no longer a patient here. Interesting huh? My 3rd doctor whom I thought would be rather good considering his reputation with my ""Really good Lawyer"" My lawyer by the way recommended this doctor for me. yeah I know right? Well I had a open back surgery a scar all the way from my tailbone to the middle of my back. He got out of surgery and I was in recovery. When I woke up my bed literally was dripping with blood everywhere. They never changer the sheets after the operation. There was even pieces of bone on the sheets. That's NO lie! We told the nurse to please change the sheets, and she got mad and frustrated , so my wife snatched to linens from her and said I'll do it. SO my wife had to do her job. Also, while in surgery the doctor forgot to put in drainage tube that is regulation for this type of surgery.( Open surgery) that's why I was bleeding furiously in my recovery room. and because of that I was told by the nurses of that hospital can't remember who they are though, but they said the reason I round up getting Pneumonia right after the surgery was because they didn't take precaution like they should have aire was getting into my back and throughout my body where the blood was coming out of. That is why they put drainage tubes in there. Got very , very sick. SO my question to whomever gets this what can I do? You know for a fact that there was some foulplay involved. but with my mind the way it is, (well getting better) with new pshc doctor. I can't do this alone. but like I said before Ihave every MRI, Every X-ray, Myliogram , nerve test, bone density, who siad what , and when, where, who, everything. And I got a letter signed by my Immediate manager who was with me sign stating yes Henry got hurt here such and such place and time, and how. Yes, he signed it. But when I got to the office my manager said "So what you want me to do about it?"

Someone please help! This is not justice at all, and I did not get fairly treated by the lawyer, 1st doctor, 2nd doctor, or 3rd doctor, Money I believe is floating from hand to hand on this case cause my lawyer at first when I told him about this and the surgeries, loss of life expectancy, pain, suffering, loss wages, future loss wages exct. He said 500,000 no problem for this case I was told just a week ago by someone pretty high up and I can't say where, but my case was worth most likely around 4oo,ooo dollars, AND I GOT 18k ROFL ROFL! Can some one please contact me {personal info removed} Please say who you are like EEOC or an attorney who is going to take your case.

Thank Everyone, whoever is helping me. I sure do need it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 10, 2012, 01:38 PM
    First its not a good idea to post your question in another thread. To avoid confusion, your question has been moved to its own thread.

Second, we do not allow personal info to be posted here. This is for your own protection.

I'm just not sure how we can help. Bottom line is you need an attorney to run point for you. I don't know whether there was foul play involved or just gross negligence. But you case as become too involved for help through a medium like this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long can it take to settle a workmans comp case WITH a lawyer [ 17 Answers ]

My workers comp case that I had to get a lawyer for took about 10 years to reach a final settlement. It happened in the back of the court room minutes before we were to start court.

Workmans Comp [ 2 Answers ]

When you tell your lawyer that he is to except the settlement and he call workmans comp. and they set up a meeting with a judge at a state building. Can I at this time object to the agreement that workmans comp has agreed too?

Workmans comp [ 6 Answers ]

The medical practice doesn't carry workmans comp insurance. Can/is the employer responsible for paying medical bills associated with a clear on the job injury/ incident? An example would be: an employee who has just drawn blood on a patient who is known to have HIV, Hep C has accidentally stuck...

Workmans comp [ 11 Answers ]

I was recently hurt on the job and suffered a broken wrist resulting in about 50-60 percent loss of use of my wrist and some loss of finger motion.My question is there a compensation settlement because of any permanent damage to me. I have been with this company for 22 plus years and they have been...

Workmans comp [ 4 Answers ]

If I am on workmans comp. and still working but with weight restrictions am I able to get a part time job, with out messing up my claim

View more questions Search