Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    recklesscherry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2012, 05:25 PM
    I broke up, but I still love him! And he doesn't stop texting me!
    So I've been with me boyfriend for 2 years and at the beginning I was a bit stupid... I did all he wanted and I couldn't say no or don't. There was even a time when he actually treated poorly and called me really ugly names, I snapped but then I took him back... Now, since summer we have been arguing a lot and for stupid stuff! But for him I always seem to be trouble... I'm the one that's not understanding (truth is I had enough so I started standing up for myself... ), he says I'm generic now and that before I was tolerant and understanding now I'm like others (like it's really bad a woman stand up for herself). I started in college this October and I'm actually thinking abou erasmus and stuff and he said that if I went he'd break up with me for good.
    So, I know I have my problems... I have a short temper and sometimes I have bipolar cases and lots of mood swings but I try to control them for him... Monday we fought because I needed to end a school project, a photography one and I needed to go with my mates to a certain place and he made a scandal because he wanted to be with me, but he had classes, so he pushed me to the limit for me to change my driving class of wendesday afternoon because he wanted to come. (I only could Thursday and he could on wendesday.)

I said no, obviosly and then he snapped telling me that I wouldn't go with him because I didn't want to be with but with some random guy! And we argue a lot... Yesterday he snapped at me because earlier this fall he said that the hobbit was coming up and we decided to go, with a few friends (I neves promised We'd go alone) and he snapped because I told him that my 2 best friends (girls) wanted to go so we could all go toghter saying that I wouldn't like it and that I choosed them over him and he was really mad! (the thing is he doesn't even lord of right, damn he doesn't even like Tolkien!! He mocked me for enjoying the books!) And I told him that he was over reacting and that we could all go together and he said that he was even thinking of us going with some friends from his class and I'm like "oh that good, You don't want to go with my friends but I have to be nice and go with yours?" and we really fought! I told him that I was really tired of it! With my mother help I realised That was an abusive relationship... He changed me, he wanted me to be more dependent, he wanted me to be more jealous because he didn't felt the love (PS: I'm jealous as a regular basis... but not freaky jealous) he made me feel guilty about our problems and now he says that its my fault because I'm the not understanding!

Anyway I thought all night... I realise that it wouldn't work and the sson I got out the best because it would be a lot worse later. I talked with him today and I broke up... He said that he realised it was all his fault and that he would change and that stuff... Last year I asked him if he could change that way a bit, to trust me more and to be less paranoid and jealous. He said he would do it... He didn't... I think that's just the way he is so I figured out he would never change... and now he doesn't stop texting me and calling me and saying in the texts that he misses me and that he want me to answer and that he will fight and stuff but I really don't want to see myself in a relationship so soon... but I really love him... That's the problem! I love him and this texts make me doubt my choices x.x

I'm hurt and he sometimes treated me poorly, he took me for granted... I don't think it would get any better... What can I do? Was I right? I mean if he made me feel bad about myself it wasn't good for me... right? What can I do to forget him and no to care about his texts? It's really hard... :x
    I love him, I really do but I know there's a lot of reasons for us to break up and I feel weak and with low self esteem... I didn't just broke up my longest relationship I broke up a friendship too and every text is painful... I don't even know what I want anymore... What should I do?
    Should I have give him another chance? I don't think he would change... People that are like that don't tend to change... PLEASE HELP!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 5, 2012, 08:54 PM
    Sounds like he is still trying to manipulate you. Stop reading his text and continue to leave him alone. This was a bad news relationship. Don't go backward.
    The Dark09 Posts: 161, Reputation: 8

Dec 6, 2012, 10:10 PM
    My half-sister kind of had the same problem: Her ex wouldn't quite calling her so she just ignored him.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 6, 2012, 11:43 PM
    Don't open or read his text or emails, don't answer if he calls, take him off friends in Facebook or other sites and move on without him
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 7, 2012, 08:19 AM
    You keep saying that you love him but I don't think you do. I think you are just used to him having been with him for 2 years. I don't know how anyone could love a person that treats them as he treated you. He was controlling you and possibly abusing you as well.

You did the right thing. Now you stop reading his texts and don't answer him. It's over, let it end and go away. You will be so much better off. He is telling you that he will change in an attempt to get you back but you know that he will not change. I don't even know him but I can tell you that he will not change... I know he won't. People like this seldom do change and if they do, it's only for a week or two.

Save yourself. Forget him. In time, you will realize that you made the right decision and that you didn't really love him as much as you thought you did.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Dec 7, 2012, 10:24 AM
    You JUST broke up with him. Feelings don't disappear as soon as a relationship ends. You'll probably have some feelings for him for a long time, and they may never go away completely. That's OK.

However, having feelings for someone doesn't always mean you should be with them. He's abusive and manipulative, and you deserve better. You need to block him. Delete and block him from all your social networks. Block his email and I'm. Block his number, or ignore his number if you can't block it. You need to cut ALL forms of communication. If you don't give him a chance to try to manipulate you, then it won't work.

He WON'T change. It's a classic line used by abusers. His behavior may be better for a few weeks, but it WON'T last. He'll revert back to normal, and probably end up treating you worse than ever.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend broke up and says she has moved on and she doesn't love me. [ 2 Answers ]

We were so happy earlier. It’s been a year but since last 45 days everything was going weird. Her parents came to know and scared her and then I was didn’t support her, kept on fighting and suddenly she felt so bad. She broke up with me on text only and now she never picks my calls or texts and...

Why did she stop texting? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys so very quickly here, I just came out of an 8 year relationship, and in the process I met this girl that I really liked from my youth. She lives in a different country but was home for xmas. After she left I asked her not to contact me, but she persisted. I met her when she was home...

How can I stop loving a person who doesn't love me back? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having a hard time to ignore the feelings I feel toward him and forget.I long for him.

How do I get my bofriend to stop texting his ex? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been dating this guy for over a year and at the beginning I caught him texting his ex from 5years ago, he was drunk at the time. I told him I didn't like it so he stopped. But then a few months later I caught him texting her again,once again while he was drunk, he blew it off as not being a...

Should I stop texting him [ 6 Answers ]

I have a boyfriend. But my roommate introduced a guy to me the other day, and he asked my phone number. My roommate already knew I am in a relationship, but she said she just wanted me to have one more friend. She knows my boyfriend and I are in a long distance now, and we see each other monthly....

View more questions Search