Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    usa-finguy Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2012, 07:22 AM
    People rub their noses around me -- why?
    Hi, I am having the same problem. What's up with this? I do t think it's bad breadth. My family even rubs/touches their nose when I talk.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 3, 2012, 07:44 AM
    Ask someone for the honest truth.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 3, 2012, 07:44 AM
    You should know if your own breath is bad ? How is your dental hygene ? Do you brush at least twice a day, use mouthwash ? Have you asked them, this is family and friends

Dec 3, 2012, 08:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    you should know if your own breath is bad ? how is your dental hygene ? do you brush at least twice a day, use mouthwash ? have you asked them, this is family and friends
    Yes, I've asked a few people. My girlfriend said my breath doesn't smell and she says she touches her nose because it itches. Other people say its itchy as well. But it's seriously bizarre. I notice people on the street even do it when they walk by. My parents do it on Facetime. Could it be because they're nervous or uncomfortable? Or the way I talk or my facial expressions?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 3, 2012, 08:17 AM
    Why does it have anything to do with you?

Dec 3, 2012, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Why does it have anything to do with you?
    It doesn't directly, but indirectly it distracts me. Instead of focusing on the conversation, I wonder why they are reacting to me in that strange way. It happens with my coworkers, in meetings and with good friends. I would like to figure out what's going on so I can stop doing what causes this or at least understand the root cause of it so I stop wondering and can concentrate on more important things. How can I do this? Thanks.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 3, 2012, 09:03 AM
    It has nothing to do with you.

Dec 3, 2012, 09:09 AM
    It has nothing to do with you.
    Haha, thank you for saying that. But there must be a reason. I don't do that when talking to people. And the same people who do it to me do not do it to other people, I have noticed. It must be something I'm doing!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 3, 2012, 09:16 AM
    I rub my nose (have been mentally taking notes since I read the thread you piggybacked on) about 50 thousand times a day. The nose inhales all sorts of stuff that may cause itching, sneezing, irritation, plus the skin of the nose is very sensitive and so begs to be scratched and rubbed. Methinks you aren't very observant about all the nose rubbing that is going on around you that has nothing to do with you.

Dec 3, 2012, 09:36 AM
    I rub my nose (have been mentally taking notes since I read the thread you piggybacked on) about 50 thousand times a day. The nose inhales all sorts of stuff that may cause itching, sneezing, irritation, plus the skin of the nose is very sensitive and so begs to be scratched and rubbed. Methinks you aren't very observant about all the nose rubbing that is going on around you that has nothing to do with you.
    All right I will try to ignore it. Although, for some reason I keep thinking its my breadth and am self-conscious about it, resulting in me being not as confident as I should be.
    Confused8791 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2013, 02:33 PM
    I am having exactly the same problem. Not just family members or co-workers but strangers in the street about 20 feet away do it to me. It can't be bad breath or body odour for someone to do that from 20 feet.

Have you found a solution to this or have stopped having this problem?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why Do Some People's Have Runny Noses When They Are Eating [ 19 Answers ]

Just wanted to see if anyone has any insight as to why and what is physically going on when some people get older they always have a runny nose when they are eating. I personally, used to see this happening all of the time when I worked as an activity aide at a nursing home. Now, I find that I...

Do dog's noses bend? [ 1 Answers ]

Odd question, but sometimes when I look at Trink when she is sniffing things, her nose looks crooked. And when I was out at a dog event yesterday, one of the other greyhound owners said that her dog's nose could bend to almost 90 degrees when sniffing. "The nose that smells around corners", as...

Runny noses [ 5 Answers ]

What is the fastest way to get rid of a runny nose?

Runny noses [ 13 Answers ]

How do you get rid of a runny nose? I have a horrible cold.

View more questions Search