Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FlowersChild Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 10:10 AM
    Shower water is overflowing to toilet downstairs
    Hi...

We have 1 1/2 bath home. When you either use the shower or flush the toilet upstairs - the toilet in the half bath downstairs starts to overflow. We have tried over the counter measures - but nothing seems to help. Please advise.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 14, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Time for rodding the main, your blochage is after the basement bathroom. Yesterday we ran 120 feet of rod before we found the tree roots blocking the main to the city. We had the benefit of a SeeSnake which is a camera that can be run through the pipes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet overflowing and tub draining slowly [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This is my first question on this site; hope you can help! My toilet has been overflowing for about three days. Kept plunging it and it would be OK for awhile. Took a shower (bath/tub combo) yesterday and today and noticed that the tub is draining very slowly with lots of glurging as it goes...

Downstairs toilet bubbles when washing machine drains [ 3 Answers ]

Our house is about 30 years old and is connected to city sewer. The downstairs bathroom was unfinished so I got a plumbing permit from the city and installed plumbing for the tub, toilet, and sink and then finished the bathroom. The inspector approved my plumbing about a week ago. I noticed...

Basement Toilet Overflowing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 floor house with a full basement. Each floor has a bathroom located on it. The basement toilet recently started to overflow even though it is not being used. The water in the toilet is almost black and seems to overflow when water in the rest of the house is used. I attempted to use a...

Downstairs shower knocks when hot water is on [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, so my house has 2 full baths, and we're having problems with the downstairs bathroom. The shower has a single temperature/flow control knob/lever, a tub spigot with shower diverter, and a drain lever. If you use hot or rather warm water, as normal, the pipe knocks, shaking the wall, and...

Downstairs toilet overflows when dishwasher or washing machine is emptying [ 2 Answers ]

When dishwasher and/or washing machine is emptying the downstairs toilet overflows. There is sometimes a bubbling or gurgling sound. Sometimes a little and sometimes a lot. We do have a septic tank, about 5 years old. There is no sewage involved in the overflow just the wash waste waster. A few...

View more questions Search