Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phatdolfin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 09:57 PM
    Internet Connection
    I am connecting to my wireless internet, but when I try to connect to the internet it says, "cannot find server." When I try to repair my wireless connection, it stops and says it can't be repaired because it cannot renew my ip address to talk to the person that manages my network. I don't know what to do at this point because my network manager has no clue... PLEASE HELP!
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Mar 13, 2007, 10:03 PM
    I don't know how to configure a wireless set-up, but the last time I got that message it was because I'd incorrectly typed the address for my Internet Service Provider (I typed it as "my [email protected]" instead of "my name"@ virgin.adsl")
    phatdolfin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 10:17 PM
    Where do you type in the isp address?
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Mar 14, 2007, 08:10 AM
    It depends on your set up, but when I bought my Netgear modem/router, I used an installation CD which guided me through and prompted me to enter the ISP address.
    You should be able to connect to your router and see it's settings either by using the CD (if it came with one) or by typing the address of the router into the URL address bar (the bar at the top of this screen that shows the address for "askmehelpdesk".

You can find the address in "My Network Places" (in your main menu).

You would be best off contacting your ISP and asking them for details of how to connect to the internet - they should be able to provide you with all the correct details.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 14, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Ok, more details here. Are we talking about a home network or a company network? What router? What is the topography of the network? Who is your ISP?

If this is a company network and your network manager doesn't have a clue, then maybe you need to hire someone who does.

P.S. this is really a Network issue not an Internet one so I've moved the thread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why can't I get internet connect through my wireless router? [ 6 Answers ]

I am on my 3rd router trying to solve this problem originally thinking it was the brand of router. I now have a netgear router and I am trying to run it on Windows XP system, the problem is this: once inserting the program cd into the desktop and loading it up I have went through all the prompts...

IE won't connect to internet [ 8 Answers ]

HI - I'm running XP, Modem/DSL. FireFox connects to internet, but IE6 or IE7 won't. Because of no IE connection, some apps, e.g. Quicken won't connect either. Earthlink suggests running Norton Anti-virus. Anyone have a idea?

Cannot connect to the internet [ 3 Answers ]

When trying to connect to the internet the following error is displayed "dns is unable to resolve ip address".How is this overcome?

Can't connect to network or internet [ 1 Answers ]

I can't get an ip address on my desktop. It is connected to the network that already has 2 laptops connected to it via a router. Both of the laptops are also communicating with the internet via the router which is connected to the modem.

View more questions Search