Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raparhorizon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2012, 07:28 AM
    Community property debt and garnishment
    After receiving the chapter 7 dishcarge, a creditor filed for adversarial trial. The plaintiff received an award and filed a judgement against my wife and I. he also filed for garnishment of my wives income since I am unemployed. Is she responsible for 100% of the debt? Also, I am settling a criminal indictment for conversion and fraud from the same plaintiff, the plea agreement is for me to pay $10k. My question is, will the criminal court in New Mexico combine both the judgement and the $10k and call it restitution? Is my wife solely responsible? What if I can't afford to pay this amount in monthly payts? What becomes of the debt and how does this affect my wife and I?

Check out some similar questions!

Is property bought with heneritance money considered community property in Texas? [ 0 Answers ]

My step mother purchased property with monies that was left to her by her father. It was raw land at the time. There have been improvements made to the property by my father. Is it now considered community property? Is there a deed that would make it not community property?

Married filing jointly in Community property vs non-community property state [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This question is troubling me for a while and I would appreciate if someone can explain how I should do my state tax returns. Last year. I moved from IN to CA. My wife worked in IN the whole year and received income from only IN. All my income just came from CA. I am planning to file...

Community property law [ 3 Answers ]

I reached a injury settlement with an insurance company. They say, that because I live in Arizona, which is a community property state, that the draft and settlement check has to be in both my wife's and my name. Is this true or are they trying to settle both our claims at the same time. My wife...

Community Debt [ 3 Answers ]

I was married for 12 yrs. Divorced 5 yrs ago and kept our house (payment and 2nd mortgage). When it came time to sell the house that he had relinquished all rights to it had a judgement against the deed because he had not taken his name off the deed and owed the local hospital money. I had to pay...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.