Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KTrout Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2012, 06:00 PM
    I used to be allergic to hair dye when I was very young. Am I still allergic now?
    When I was at least 4 or 5 years old I got my hair dyed and woke up with a very swollen face the next day. I am 17 years old now so I'm wondering if I would still be allergic right now?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 23, 2012, 06:24 AM
    How could we know that; do a skin test, like put some dye on your forearm and test your skin they way they suggest in the instructions.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 23, 2012, 06:51 AM
    Many people grow out of some allergic reactions as they get older. Some they will have their entire life.

You will have to either try a test to see if you are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Allergic to hair dye? What should I do? [ 27 Answers ]

Ok so, I wanted to dye my hair brown again, and I went to the store to pick out a dye, I picked up L'Oreal Preference in Medium Ash Brown, and didn't think anything of it because I have used Feria before, and they are the same brand. I dyed my hair Saturday evening and when I woke up Sunday morning...

What do I do if I have an allergic reaction to hair dye? [ 5 Answers ]

So I dyed my hair the other night and my head has been itching crazy since then. I do have psoriasis on my scalp but that's not even itching, it's mainly the top, and some bumps have formed there and my scalp is really red. My head is also swelling. You can kind of see it because my forehead is...

Allergic reaction to hair dye [ 1 Answers ]

I have a relatively mild but uncomfortable reaction to hair dye is there a product that will relieve the flaking & tightness of the skin?

Allergic to hair dye, what can I use? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not sure what I'm exactly allergic to, but I'm also allergic to the Henna Tattoo ink. What hair dye brand can I use so that I don't get an allergic reaction?

Allergic rection to hair dye [ 2 Answers ]

I need help for allergic rection to hair dye - I had eaching & woozing on my sculp & now face swelled up [email protected]

View more questions Search