Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kiruman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2012, 05:09 AM
    Sony 42" led TV problem
    My Sony 42" LED TV screen is not working only black video but it works a audio, what is the problem? And How can I fix?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2012, 06:14 AM
    Sorry to tell you but unless you are an electronics tech and have the equipment and schooling... you aren't going to be doing this yourself.

This comes from someone that DOES have an Engineering degree in Electronics... even if it was mine... by the time I bought schematics and took the time to locate the fault (even without factoring the value of my time) its possible the failed module may not be cost effective to repare the unit.

Your options are take it to a repair shop or replace it. If its more than a couple years old.. odds are replacing it will be cheaper.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2012, 07:30 AM
    I would also try different sources and inputs.
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2012, 08:58 AM
    And double check your cables too.
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2012, 10:43 AM
    Especially the Video cable... I've had even high quality cables fail before (Monster Cable). Don't assume they are good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have problem with my sony TV [ 0 Answers ]

Problem with my sony tv; model kv-bz212m50 no sound but picture OK

Sony Monitor Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Sony SDMHS74 monitor. When I boot my PC, the screen for XP will appear then the screen goes blank. I have no idea how to fix this problem, please help. I've plugged up my old monitor and everything works properly but when I pug in the Sony the screen will display for a few seconds then...

Firewire problem with Sony Camcorder [ 7 Answers ]

I am wondering what the secret is to hooking up a Sony TRV330 digital Camcorder through the Firewire connection. Apparently there is a sequence that must be followed or you can blow out something in the Camcorder. I don't do this very often, so once again, I guess I killed it (the camcorder). ...

Sony Vaio PCG-K27 Bios Problem [ 9 Answers ]

I am having an issue with my notebook. I forgot the password that I put on it a year ago when I bought it. I need to know either how to remove this password, or what tools are needed to remove it. I am willing to take it to a service center, but I cannot afford to send it to the Sony facility in...

View more questions Search