Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john b Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 03:22 PM
    Toilet installation
    I recently had hardwood floors installed in my bathroom. I went to install the toilet only to find that it doesn't fit. The ring coming out of the floor appears to be too high. The toilet, when sitting on the ring, is about 1/4 inch off the floor. I'm not sure how to proceed. Please help.

Thanks

John
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2007, 09:39 PM
    Best advice I can give is do not do this yourself. The liability is too great. Get estimates and get an insurance certificate from the plumber you choose. Make it clear to them you want the toilet sitting flat on the floor.
    An insurance certificate is easy, you call the contractor's office... request an insurance certificate for general liability... give them your name, address, phone number, and fax number... they call their insurance company... they relay the info... the insurance company sends you the certificate and you are registered with them... you call them and confirm the certificate... you keep it on file. If you deviate from this pattern you will not be registered with the insurance company and likely will not be covered. The certificate is free.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Toilet Installation [ 1 Answers ]

I understand that the distance from the center of the toilet drain to the back wall needs to be around 12". What are the distance requirements from the center of the drain to side wall (or object)? and to front wall (facing the toilet) or object? I appreciate a response!

New shower sink and toilet installation [ 1 Answers ]

I need to install a new bathroom for my elderly mother. I have 2 possible locations in mind one is at the back of the house which would place ths bathroom very close to the original bath the other would be in the front of the house approx 25 ft away from existing. Will I need to install a new vent...

Toilet installation [ 1 Answers ]

I want to convert a closet into a bathroom. I live in an old high rise (circa 1925) with stacked plumbing and cement subfloors. The closet backs up to another bathroom, so I can tap into the sewage and feed pipes. The question is how to install the toilet. There is not a crawl space below my...

Toilet tank installation [ 2 Answers ]

I'm putting in a Kohler toilet (2 piece) and don't know how tight to put the tank on. Should I still be able to wobble it around or would that be to loose? The problem I am having is that if I tighten all of the three bolts the same the tank is not level front to back (the front is lower than...

Toilet installation [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a code that states there has to be a certain distance from the back of the toilet to the wall? I know from the shower to the toilet it is 15".

View more questions Search