Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coach78 Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Installing new ceiling lights
    I'm looking to put in a ceiling light in our living room the only thing is there is no existing light there. There is no room left in my circuit panel, can I tap into the existing circuit in the living room?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Sure, the outlets and circuit in a living room is usually considered as a general purpose lighting circuit, so there should be no problem. And 1 light sure does not need a circuit by itself.
    coach78 Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by coach78
    I'm looking to put in a ceiling light in our living room the only thing is there is no existing light there. There is no room left in my circuit panel, can I tap into the existing circuit in the living room?
    Thanks tk!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan lights too dim [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Antigua fan with an add-on light kit (4 bulbs). I also purchased the wall mounted remote control. It worked fine up until a few weeks ago. Now, all four bulbs are extremely dim. I've tried higher wattage bulbs but there just doesn't seem to be enough power to light them...

Installing a photocell to outside lights [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to install a photocell to my outsdie light From the house I have a green wire (earth) brown (live) blue (neurtral) From the light I have brown (live) blue (neutral) From photocell red, blue, brown,

Four ceiling fan lights [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. Big dummy here. I took the light fixture down to tighten up the four light fixtures attached thereon and didn't write down the way it was wired up before I unwired it. :o So. Here I sit with four groups of wires, one black and one white for each light, on the lower half and hanging from...

Lights do not work on the ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

The fan will come on when using the fan switch, but when I use the light switch the lights will not come on. Is this a wiring problem or a switch problem? I would like to fix it myself if possible. The ceiling fan was put in with lights attached below in 1995 and the lights quit working about 2...

Ceiling fan and lights go off and on [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 20 AMP circuits to my bathroom running off same circuit breaker. One circuit powers a ground fault receptacle and vanity lights. Other circuit powers ceiling fan, ceiling fan light, a ground fault receptacle and shower light. This circuit goes on and off but GF or breaker do not kick off....

View more questions Search