Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gottheblues Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2012, 04:50 PM
    Seen or not seen on Facebook
    Hey I wrote on here a few months ago about how I messaged an old girlfriend on a social networking site and didn't get a reply. It turns out she didn't see it , well with the new 'seen' feature on Facebook anyway.
    So if she didn't see it, where do I go from here? Message again? Or is that seen feature reliable?
    Don't want to make a fool out of myself if she did see it
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Nov 11, 2012, 04:56 PM
    I wasn't aware there was such a feature...

If, however, there is, and she said she didn't see it, then why not resend when you had the chance?

Also, when she mentioned her not seeing it, did she request that you resend?

She could have really read it, and did not want to respond to you, so she only said that to be nice...

Nov 11, 2012, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma1999 View Post
    I wasn't aware there was such a feature....

If, however, there is, and she said she didn't see it, then why not resend when you had the chance?

Also, when she mentioned her not seeing it, did she request that you resend?

She could have really read it, and did not want to respond to you, so she only said that to be nice....
    The feature shows you if someone has seen your message, we have not been in contact. It says seen under your message if it was opened, it looks like my message was not opened
    Welbeing Expert

Nov 11, 2012, 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottheblues View Post
    The feature shows you if someone has seen your message, we have not been in contact. It says seen under your message if it was opened, it looks like my message was not opened
    Ahhh see? I learned something new. :)

It could very well be that she hasn't read it yet. May I ask you why you just can't call her? I don't know if you even have her number. Perhaps you don't and this is the only way you can communicate with her...

As a woman, I would rather have my ex contact me through phone verses email. Again though, you may not have her current number.

Did things end badly between you two?

Nov 11, 2012, 05:20 PM
    No they didn't end badly but thet ended a very long time ago, do not have her number. Am nervous that she won't want to get back in touch. Will I just leave it?
    Welbeing Expert

Nov 11, 2012, 05:34 PM
    I would just leave it alone... That's just me, though. If she wants to respond then she will.

Nov 11, 2012, 05:46 PM
    Yeah, I guess, but then maybe she gets a lot of messages and mines got buried, for some reason she hasn't seen it. Don't want to miss the chance to reconnect with her
    Welbeing Expert

Nov 11, 2012, 05:56 PM
    How long has it been since you last spoke to her?

Nov 11, 2012, 06:00 PM
    23 years
    Welbeing Expert

Nov 11, 2012, 06:05 PM
    Oh wow! And you want to reconnect, as in get back together with her?

Nov 11, 2012, 06:07 PM
    Well I would love to see her and see what happens. She has been on my mind since I sent the first message
    Welbeing Expert

Nov 11, 2012, 06:10 PM
    How many messages did you send her? Did she respond back to the first message? If so, how did she seem?

Nov 11, 2012, 06:16 PM
    I sent one message. According to Facebook she did not see it.
    So she has not responded
    Welbeing Expert

Nov 11, 2012, 06:29 PM
    I think after that and 23 years since you have last seen her, I would just move on.
    malunfan Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2012, 07:58 PM
    Oh my god , I'm just having similar situation. Last "contact" is 2 years ago, I don't have her phone numbers, I don't have her address, she's living thousands miles away. She had a very long touch time because of me. I just realized what happened before, just know what she did for me. I send her many messages, she didn't reply any and without a "seen" indicator. I just want her back, what should I do?

Nov 12, 2012, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by malunfan View Post
    Oh my god , I'm just having similar situation. Last "contact" is 2 years ago, I don't have her phone numbers, I don't have her address, she's living thousands miles away. She had a very long *tough time because of me. I just realized what happened before, just know what she did for me. I send her many messages, she didn't reply any and without a "seen" indicator. I just want her back, what should I do?
    *tough time

Nov 12, 2012, 08:18 PM
    *tough time
    It's been a month and I saw her updated her Facebook. She didn't accept my friend request, I sent her hundreds messages. She didn't block me. And I gave her tough time just because of mistake, I didn't know I made such a big mistake. I really love her! I'd do anything for her.
    Welbeing Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 08:40 PM
    It's been a month and I saw her updated her facebook. She didn't accept my friend request, I sent her hundreds messages. She didn't block me. And I gave her tough time just because of mistake, I didn't know I made such a big mistake. I really love her! I'd do anything for her.
    Guys, you have to realize that sometimes you just need to let things go... even people.

You sent her a hundred messages? Don't you think that is border line stalker material?

The OP only sent her one after 23 years... That is not stalker material in my book... yet. Simply because his is more legit. You, however, sent her many and she has not responded, therefore you NEED to let it go.

Speaking from a woman's point of veiw, this looks desperate.

If these women want to respond to the both of you, then they will. If not, then let it go.

Nov 12, 2012, 09:21 PM
    It sounds weird but she really stalked me before and she hurt herself, gave up her brilliant career for me.

Nov 12, 2012, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma1999 View Post
    Guys, you have to realize that sometimes you just need to let things go...even people.

You sent her a hundred messages? Don't you think that is border line stalker material?

The OP only sent her one after 23 years... That is not stalker material in my book...yet. Simply because his is more legit. You, however, sent her many and she has not responded, therefore you NEED to let it go.

Speaking from a womans point of veiw, this looks desperate.

If these women want to respond to the both of you, then they will. If not, then let it go.
    It sounds weird but she really stalked me before, she did so much and she didn't give me up easily. She hurt herself and gave up her brilliant career. I really didn't know she did so much for me. I knew no reply is a signal, but would it possible that she just wants me to chase her back? I love her and I'd die for her. I will marry her or die alone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP I need to get on Facebook! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, so I've tried everything. I started with windows internet explorer, when I went to go on Facebook it said that the cookies weren't enabled. Ive tried just about everything I've been on the internet options and all that but NOTHING works. I then tried to download Google chrome thinking a new...

What do you think about the new Facebook changes? [ 10 Answers ]

Source: PC Magazine - Facebook's Zuckerberg Defends New Facebook Timeline, Ticker

How to use Facebook [ 1 Answers ]

How to use Facebook?

View more questions Search