Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pilotguy26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2012, 01:57 PM
    Female Dog Constantly Licking Genitals
    I have a one year old, medium sized, mixed female dog. She's obsessed with licking her anus and her vagina. Sometimes one, sometimes the other. She doesn't skoot across the floor or have any gross discharges coming out of either of them. I'm unsure if she has a problem or if she is just doing it out of boredom or becoming obsessed with it. It's grossing me out and I want to know how to get her to stop. Thanks in advance.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2012, 08:09 PM
    She may have an infection or need her anal glands expressed

Is she spayed? If not something serious could be going on like pyometra.

You should take her to your vet. Any behavior that isn't normal should really be looked at by a vet

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Genitals [ 0 Answers ]

Penis just under head around rim is red amd soar. No soars but tears a biy of drainage just last day.

Poison ivy on genitals [ 3 Answers ]

I am 24 years old. My boyfriend has poison ivy on his penis and around. We thought it was gone so we had sex. Having sex made his penis worse. This was on Nov. 22nd and now a week later I am having orange discharge once in the morning and that's it. We had unprotected and we are Trying to...

Rash on genitals [ 1 Answers ]

What is this rash on my upper thighs and bumps on my skin

Shingles in genitals [ 1 Answers ]

I'm girl in high school and I had had shingles a couple years back on my back and chest, but about 9 months ago I started experienceing the same type of pains in my genital area and small bump appears around my libium minora. Mith time the pains got less severe and now they only seem to itch...

View more questions Search