Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebeccalynn94 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2012, 10:50 AM
    Capital one placed several judgments/liens onto my property
    In 2007 I filed for Chapter 13, a attorneys office called Suttel and Associates out of Seattle WA had summoned me to court. I appeared, their attorney was over 1 hour late, and the group of them looked like 12 year olds. Anyway I explained to the judge that I was filing chapter 13 and the judge said that it looked as though this case was going to work itself out. I thought this was the end of it.
    My chapter 13 was discharged in 2010. Now yesterday I discoved that suttel and associates had placed 3 judgments against me which are attached and have been since 2007 to the title of my home. Even those these WERE listed and included AND discharged though my Chapter 13, these judgments have remained on my title growing larger and ugiler with interest. Im not certain but I think that this is just ONE capital One credit card account- that was sold to 3 different collections agencies names-- one being world wide assets, then they sold it to midland funding- and one more they left their own name of Capital one. Is hiring my attorney to re-open the case which will require me to pay more $$$ in court costs and attorney fees my only option in removing these. (oh I called suttel and associates by the way- even though I could provide evidence that this debt was satisified through a bankruptsy they refused to remove the said judgments)
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 3, 2012, 08:19 AM
    ... Now yesterday I discoved that suttel and associates had placed 3 judgments against me...
    How did you find out?

... Is hiring my attorney to re-open the case which will require me to pay more $$$ in court costs and attorney fees my only option in removing these. [?]...
    No. You could file a motion to dissolve the judgments in state court. You could file a motion in the bankruptcy court to sanction the law firm for violating the Automatic Stay.

But you might also look for an attorney who will take the case on a contingent fee, and ask that the judgment creditors or their attorneys be required to pay your attorney's fees.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mechanics liens and liens against property [ 3 Answers ]

I lent my son in law $10,000 to put down payment on a home about a year and a half ago My question is how do I put a lien on the house and which state do I do it in . I'm in Calif. And the house is isn't Arizona. And do I just record it with the county or court or what?

Several liens on property [ 2 Answers ]

I recently found out that I had several liens on my property, I had know idea this had been done, am I supposed to be notified of this? And how can I found out who has put a lien on my property?:mad:

Property liens [ 4 Answers ]

How do I file a lien on someone's property

Judgments, Liens, and Verbal Agreements [ 9 Answers ]

I'm going to try to ask my question(s) without going into too much unnecessary detail, yet giving you the information I think you need. Scenario: Wife (prior to marriage) purchased a house from former in-laws and fiancé moves in. Several years later, after their marriage, they talk the new...

Property Liens [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am selling my house and the title company told me that I have 3 liens against the property that don't belong to me, they are placed for people with similar name than mine, I bought this property a year a half ago and it was with clear title, how can I remove them? And why is that these...

View more questions Search