Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sadgirl101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

Oct 28, 2012, 04:42 PM
    Vitamin c miscarriage?
    Is it true that taking high amounts of vitamin c during early pregnancy (4-8 weeks) can cause a miscarriage?
    pepper81 Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Oct 29, 2012, 05:32 AM
    Ask your doctor.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 29, 2012, 05:34 AM
    No.
    You will get horrible jitters, that's about it. Vitamin C is water soluble and quickly is excreted in the urine when taken in excess.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2012, 06:17 AM
    No, it will have no effect on fetus at all.

Any excess is merely sent out of body in urine.

It can cause some damage to stomach for long term, and really make you sick if way too much.

This sounds like a question form a few weeks ago?

Why are you asking ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2012, 06:20 AM
    This thread is closed,

This is your third user name, If you wish to continue to use this site, only use the first user name, and stop starting new names

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Vitamin b12 [ 0 Answers ]

Hi my name is debra I'm 51i yrs in age I have a question I went to dr last week had been diagnosis with very low b 1212 &you come to find out yesterday they called after giving me a injection for low b12 that it was way over a 1000.. what is the effects with high vitamin b 12?? Im confused... Go...

Threatened miscarriage or misdiagnosed miscarriage? [ 3 Answers ]

I've just recently found out I was pregnant, my period was NOT late yet, but I had light spotting and had high hopes so I took a cheap hpt and it showed up positive(My LMP was 10/20/08). The following day I went to the woman's clinic, I was confirmed pregnant. My OBGYN sent me to a lab for blood...

Vitamin C content in vitamin C tablets [ 3 Answers ]

I will be provided with a 0.1% DCPIP solution and have to find Vitamin C content of different Vitamin C tablets.. Normally they contain 1000mg vitamin C which is 1g... And the vitamin c content can be determined by titration with DCPIP solution but how do I make up a equal 0.1& solution of...

Vitamin A [ 4 Answers ]

What are some foods or drinks I can take that contain high Vitamin A?

The Little Known Vitamin P [ 2 Answers ]

There appears to be an aesthetic treatment for facial spider veins that is starting to get noticed. It’s a cream containing the little known Vitamin P. Now, Vitamin P is part of Vitamin C Complex that includes things like rutin and citrus bioflavonoids. If you’re still interested, then keep...

View more questions Search