Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wilffos481 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2012, 06:50 AM
    Extension for Visa
    My Thai wife and I , were married 3 weeks ago in the UK. She now wants to apply for 2 year extension so that she can take and pass the English test in readiness for permanent stay application. I have downloaded the relevant forms and it seems that the cost is £561. Yet the form itself seems to be for permanent application with a fee of £890. I am confused by this. Does this mean that the total cost will be both? A total of over £1400? How can an ordinary man on a pension afford this? Given that my wife is not allowed to get employment of any kind during this prolonged period. It appears that anyone trying to stick by the rules is penal;ised and victimised in order to pay for all the thousands of illegal immigrants that come here and take out of the system and do not put anything in! Is there an easy and not expensive way that my wife and I can be together in the U&K. I am almost 80 years old. Have I not earned the right to live with whoever I wish with out being persecuted and have all my savings taken from me by way of extortionate fees by the Border agencies?
    Wilf , Foster.

Check out some similar questions!

Visa extension [ 0 Answers ]

My friend came here in 2010 on a spouse visa which was for 2 years but, her marriage was over in 3 months, she then moved out of her husbands house to her sisters. The divorce has been completed since and her visa is nearly finished, but there is an impending court case against her ex husband in...

H4 visa extension [ 1 Answers ]

My husbands H1B expired on 17 march 2010 , the employer filed for his extension of visa , but due to some clerical error , my H4 extension was not filed . This fact was revealed to almost 5 months after that is I have overstayed without visa for 5 months in US , the lawyer has asked to move back to...

H4 visa extension [ 5 Answers ]

Hi,My name is Chandni and I am on H4 visa accompanying my husband who is working here on H-1 , his visa is valid up to september ,2012 , however my visa expires on 19th August , 2010 . I would appreciate if I could receive guidance to the procedure for extension of my H4 visa .

Visa extension b1/b2 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My parents are visiting me on B1/B2 visa. I would like to extend their stay. I gathered that they need to fill in an I-539. Since they are married, it seems that I can use one form for the both of them, using my dad as the applicant and my mom as a family member who is filing the form...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.