Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keiththomas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2012, 11:20 AM
    Can you sue a cop for harassment
    Is it harassment if a sheriff says you are to big to be in a back seat of a gmc jimmy and say you look like you are about to explode like a pimple I'm a big guy and I take that as he was calling me fat and can I sue
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 22, 2012, 12:19 PM
    You seem to be asking about defamation (slander, particularly), not "harassment". Harassment, if actionable, I guess would be repeatedly bothering you for no good reason. Truth is a defense to a suit for defamation.

If you are a "big guy", you probably are fat. You cannot sue for what constitutes nothing more than a case of hurt feelings.

So, no.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 22, 2012, 01:36 PM
    Anyone can sue over anything. The real question is can you win. I see nothing close to grounds for winning a suit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harassment [ 3 Answers ]

I am divorce and I parted of my – ex, one month ago. But, at present he calls me every day and baits me by telephone. What to make and I am protected by law? Thank you

Cps harassment [ 7 Answers ]

My brother in law was accused of child abuse of his daughter while staying with us. His ex-wife is claiming a bruise on his daughters leg is abuse. CPS came to our house and asked questions of course. But they wanted to interview our daughters who are 6 and 8. My niece is 3 and states it...

Harassment [ 2 Answers ]

I have a supervisor who asked me if I put boobs on pogs when I was telling him about an elementary school business and how my sibling used to get angry at me because I would take there cosmo without asking if I could. Should I tell my manager?

Harassment from cps [ 1 Answers ]

So I have perviouy posted about a cps worker questioning and trying to accuse wrongfully. A few days after I posted she backed off. But she is back on it again. The child she is taking about is my boyfriends 4 year old. She is not my daughter. The cps worker said that "joanie" is very good at...

Harassment [ 2 Answers ]

I had a similar sitiation but my neighbors were a woman her 2 teenage daughters (they were'nt her actual daughters) a 19 yr old daughter,20 yr old son and 4 other random people living with them. Her other son and his wife lived on the other side of us as well.we lived in walking distance to...

View more questions Search