Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lakelady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 04:01 PM
    Old boyfriend and money
    A former boyfirend gave me money when I needed it and did not want me to worry about paying it back. No written contracts. What he really wanted was to control and own me. So I escaped from his creepy clutches but not without emotional scars and fear from his stories of how he can get back at people. Now he is taking me to court to recover the money $10,000 - stating that he has asked me for it - he has not but he did go to my work and talk to the president and she told him that since we were intimate and dating he had no right to come to her and then she had my supervisor tell me to be wary of this man and be sure that I am never alone with him. This was out and out harassment. And to top it off he is trying to get an additional 4000 because he put vinyl siding on my house - and I did not ask him to do this - I came home from work one day and he had my aluminum pulled off the house and had started residing it in a color same as his 4 family (beige- not ever a color choice in my life). HELP - how should I respond to this - how can I fight back. What should I have my lawyer say. If I had any money I would give him the 10 just to get totally rid of him... but I was told that I did not have to worry about it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 11, 2007, 04:30 PM
    I would let the lawyer tell you what to say, first he would or should tell you to stop talking about it,

Next he most likely will tell you not to ever say you would pay him

Next he most likely would tell you to say you don't owe it, that it was a gift, and that the siding was merely done without permission

I would also ask the attorney about getting a retraining order using what he did at your work as evidence for it.
    But what I would most seriously tell you is to talk to your attorney
    bre4uask Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 05:15 AM
    Im somewhat going threw the same thing but not 10 grand worth. I would just get a lawyer and try to fight it and YES I agree u should get a no contact order just because he sounds a little creepy.. I hope everything goes well for you..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Money [ 4 Answers ]

How do I get money? Since I do not any?

Money is there any? [ 1 Answers ]

Want to see the Federal Reserve bank president of New York admit that there is no "money"? On June 12th watch the Travel channel and see for yourself! Get your VCRs, Tivo, and all other recording devices ready!! ...

Money-- what do I do with it? [ 7 Answers ]

I am about to receive 25,000.00 dollars.I want to use it/invest to make it grow quickly but I have no idea where to begin.Any suggestions?:confused:

Money [ 3 Answers ]

Does any body know what the pay is for underwater welders may be? I am starting at the Ocean Corporation in May and was wondering how much I can expeat to earn.

Money [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am 23 years old I live in the countryside in South Australia, I have a girlfriend that I have been seeing for a year and 8 months I really want to win some money to get a house together, I would like to know if I will win a lot or some money to buy a house in the near future if you could tell...

View more questions Search