Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spiderman22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 11:29 AM
    Answer my math word problem free
    Going to grandmas house,granny likes cakes,and its her birthday,I want to give her cakes I have made,between my house and grandmas,I have to cross 7 bridges,but each bridge has a troll,before I can cross each bridge,I have to give them half of my cakes I am carrying,but they are kind trolls,they give me back a single cake,how many cakes do I have to leave home with to make sure I arrive at grandmas with 2 cakes
    ZacheryA Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 12:53 PM
    The answer is 2 cakes

if we make the amount of cakes C
    and each bridge a b c d e f g in relation to bridge 1 2 3 4 5 6 and 7
    and we know that we arrive with 2 cakes; or after the 7th bridge we have 2 cakes; So we know that g=2

after the 6th bridge or f=(e/2)+1

We know that after the 7th bridge we have 2cakes or (f/2)+1=g=2

(f/2)+1-1=2-1
    (f/2)+0=1
    f/2*2=1*2
    f=2

It's a loop therefore no matter how many bridges you go over, as long as they take away half of your cakes and give you one back; you'll always have the same amount of cakes

Hope that helps
    -ZacheryA

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Answer my math word problem free? [ 8 Answers ]

8.Andrew earns a gross annual salary of $65 700. He also earns $165 per week from a rental property that he owns in Caloundra. A.Calculate Andrew's gross annual income. B.Andrew travels 320 km to Caloundra and back four times a year to inspect his property and is allowed a tax deduction of 58...

Free math word problem and it give me the answer [ 1 Answers ]

The u.s. senate has 100 members. After a certain election, there were 18 more democrats than republicans, with no other parties represented. How many members of each party were there in the senate?

Answer to word math problems for free? [ 5 Answers ]

8(2x -3)= -16

Answer math word problems free [ 2 Answers ]

Write all of the following statement(s) that apply to the following polynomial: -5x + 6x2 + 7

Answer math word problems for free [ 2 Answers ]

What will it cost to cover a rectangular floor measuring 90 feet by 80 feet with square tiles that measure 3 feet on each side if a box of 10 tiles costs $15 per box?

View more questions Search