Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newhomeowner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2005, 12:10 AM
    Adding sink and shower
    I currently have on one side of my bathroom a large cast iron tub and a sink with vanity. However I want to move the sink over to the other side of the room but there is no water line there, also I want to put a corner shower unit in place of the old sink how would I go about making the old spot for the sink into a shower spot with drain and all and how would I add a water line for the sink on the other side of the room.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 12, 2005, 07:36 AM
    Adding sink and shower
    I need a little more information. Slab or basement construction. Where in the house is your bathroom located? Ist floor on a slab? 1st floor with a basement? 2nd. Floor? This isn't just a simple, " I want to replace a few fixtures" project. This will be a entire remodel job involving more then just the plumbing trade. Walls will have to be opened up. Floors will have to jackhammered up if on a slab. A new vent will have to extend uo to the attic and revented back to the existing one. We are talking about involving the plumbing trade, the carpenter trade, Painters and tile workers if you wish to tile. You certainly aren't going to attempt all by yourself are you? If so, do you have the skills and the necessary tools to do it wth? I know I wouldn't be qualified to do it. But if you give me all the information, complete with measurements and the distance from each fixture to the new lavatory vent, I'll do my best to answer. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding Shower To Existing Garden Tub! [ 5 Answers ]

I need some advice on how to add a shower to a beautiful existing garden tub we have in our master bath. The tub came with the house we bought back in 1990. We have carpet in our bath which has become old, stained, and a bit moldy and plan on re-doing the floor. However, the tub is a bit of a...

Adding a shower to a roughed in toilet [ 5 Answers ]

We currently have a unfinished basement with a toilet and sink. I would like to add a shower. How can we do this. Step by step. The toilet is in the corner and feeds into a floor drain (we have a separate cast iron pipe that feeds the rest of the house). THe sink feeds into the same floor...

Moving a toilet and adding a sink [ 3 Answers ]

I am remodeling a bathroom in a 150 year old house so there are several unusual features. I want to move a toilet that is on a 3 inch copper line 6 feet away from the 3 inch copper drain stack. It is currently 2 feet away. The vent at the main stack is 2 inches and it is at a 90 degree angle to...

Adding a utility sink [ 1 Answers ]

I am planning on adding a utility sink to my laundry room, I was planning on tapping into the water lines and drain to the washer. I have not opened up the wall yet so I don't know the exact configuration of the drain, but my question is if I run the sink drain of off the drain from the washer...

Adding another sink in bath [ 1 Answers ]

I am going from a single sink in the bath to a double sink. They will be on the same counter as the old one. Will it be possible to branch off the single water lines and run it to both sinks. Also can I run the drains to the single drain all ready there.

View more questions Search