Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kristyarbogast Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2012, 06:00 AM
    18 weeks along an pain
    I'm about 18 w 2 days on for about a week now bin getting crazy sharp pains every so often on my tummy all over some are so. Bad at times they fold me in half I've bin reading things online saying it OK an every thing but is it this is my 4th child and I've never felt this before
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Oct 16, 2012, 03:59 PM
    This is your child, if you think something is wrong, don't wait for it to get better. You know your body, if it hurts and isn't like what you experienced in other pregnancies go see your doctor, or at lease give them a call - better safe than sorry!

Cramping at 18 weeks is fairly common though, it's caused by stretching of the round ligament which holds your uterus in place. This is sometimes expressed as sharp pains on either side of the stomach which can become severe.
    But, like I said if it's really bad, call the doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

24 weeks 5 days stomach pain, back pain [ 3 Answers ]

Iam 24 weeks 5 days today I had my hospital appointment this morning and everything was fine, this afternoon when I was walking to my car my stomach started to really hurt where I had to bend over to settle it, since then I have had 2 tightings in the last hour and a half, still have tummy pain, I...

25 weeks pregnant with lower abdominal pain and lower back pain [ 1 Answers ]

I am 25 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. I have been having bad pain in my very lower abdomin that wraps the whole way around my back. I have tried laying in every position, a warm shower, extra fluid and tylenol. I can't get the pain to lessen. I have had a few contractions but nothing steady or...

Pain at 37 weeks [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having bad pains in the top and lower part of my stomach, I'm also feeling tons of pressure in the lower part of my stomach and around in my pelvic area, is it okay to have your labor induced at 37 weeks because this pain is completely awful and I'm thinking about literally begging my doctor to...

18 weeks w/ pain [ 1 Answers ]

I am 18 weeks pregnant and worried because Ihave had 2 previous miscarraiges and am having low abdominal pain and pain feeling like it is steming from my vaginal canal. Is this normal? I don't think I have a bladder infection because I don't have any other symptoms.

Still in pain 3 weeks after falling [ 2 Answers ]

Three weeks a go a student in my classroom became upset with me and tripped me up as I was walking around in the classroom. Initially I thought it was just a simple fall, that would not cause much pain , if any. However, it has been 3 weeks and I am still in a lot of pain. When I fell I landed on...

View more questions Search