Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ront Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Floor Flange removal
    I'm stalling a new tile floor and will be removing the existing sheet floor that runs under the present floor flange. The floor drain is a 4" pvc. Since a sub floor will be installed and since the sheet material is under the old flange, I thought I needed to remove the existing flange. In doing so I broke the existing flange; I believe I have to cut the remaining insert piece out of the drain? Or, can I use a small dia. Floor flange to fit inside the remaining glued portion of the old flange?

Thanks
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ront
    I'm stalling a new tile floor and will be removing the existing sheet floor that runs under the present floor flange. The floor drain is a 4" pvc. Since a sub floor will be installed and since the sheet material is under the old flange, I thought I needed to remove the existing flange. In doing so I broke the existing flange; I belive I have to cut the remaining insert piece out of the drain? Or, can I use a small dia. floor flange to fit inside the remaining glued portion of the old flange?

Thanks
    Are we talking about a floor drain here, or a closet flange?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 11, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Do you have a inside or a outside existing 4"toilet flange? Tom

Mar 11, 2007, 10:50 AM
    It's 4"inside dimension.

Mar 11, 2007, 10:54 AM
    To answer the other question, I'm speaking of the floor drain for the toilet. I actually have 2 that I'm working on that will get new ceramic floors. I've removed the toilet from the 2nd bathroom, but have left the floor flange intack so far.

RonT
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 11, 2007, 01:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ront
    it's 4"inside dimension.
    Not telling me what I want to know. The closet flange? Is it a inside or outside flange? Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet flange above the floor line [ 1 Answers ]

We recently installed a new toilet after we remodeled the bathroom. The new flooring is approximately 1/2' lower than the original floor, thus leaving the toilet bowl flange sticking up. Are there "spacers" in the form of a porcelain plate to match the toilet that will allow the toilet bowl to be...

Commode floor flange [ 2 Answers ]

R & R commodes several times and already know all the tricks and pitfalls, but today I hit a new one. When I took up the commode to see why it rocks, the floor flange came too!! The floor is concrete, the closet bend seems to have a flair on the end, and the brass (?) flange is warped. I have no...

Replacing toilet floor flange [ 3 Answers ]

I was replacing my toilet and found that my flange was rusted so much that I couldn't get the flange bolt on one side to lock into the flange so I must replace the flange. It's made of metal with ABS and obviously is glued into the ABS sewer pipe riser. I'm assuming that I need to get underneath...

Closet flange below floor [ 1 Answers ]

First of all, great forum! I am installing a new toilet, but the floor has been built up over the years- two different times with 3/4 inch plywood panels. The original flange was never raised when this was done. I stand about 6'4" tall and my aim has gotten pretty good over the years, but as I age,...

Uneven flange below floor [ 2 Answers ]

When I am facing the wall with the fresh water supply line - here is the situation in the house I just moved into. The back tip of the toilet flange is level with the floor and the other half is about 1 and 1/2 inches below the floor level. The flange is 3inch PVC. One side of the flange is...

View more questions Search