Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dagogirl66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2012, 09:39 PM
    Rottweiler Puppy Biting
    How do I train my 9wk old rottweiler puppy not to bite and nip our hands, arms, feet, ankles and toes? It is painful as she has very sharp baby teeth.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 14, 2012, 10:02 PM
    Don't hit her or swat her. That will confuse her and make her more aggressive to defend herself or make her scared.

Also, don't play with her in a rough way so that she gets the idea that sometimes it's okay to bite. Dogs don't understand differences in how to behave.

If she nips or bites, say "No!" in a sharp, loud voice. There are other training tricks, and since I am a cat person, I will bow out at this point and let the dog people take over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will my rottweiler puppy stop biting when he is older ? [ 4 Answers ]

He is about 2 months and 2 weeks... he born on December 05 2011 He bites our leg I think it is just play bites but will it continue?

7 weeks rottweiler puppy size [ 4 Answers ]

7 weeks rottweiler puppy size?

Rottweiler puppy [ 19 Answers ]

We just got a 8 weeks old rottweiler puppy and I have a question about feeding him. I got Purina puppy food and it says on the back that X-Large breeds (100lbs+ when fully grown) should be getting 4 1/2-5 1/2 cups of food per day 2-3 months of age.. is this right? Seems a lot..

Rottweiler male puppy [ 2 Answers ]

I'm hoping someone will have the answer to this question. I have an 8wk old male rotty puppy. I noticed that he does not have any testicles, is this normal for this age? A friend told me that his testicles haven't came down yet. I've never heard of anything like this before. Can anyone clear...

View more questions Search