Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seattlenorth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2012, 03:58 PM
    What happens when a summary judgment for credit card debt is granted in wa state
    I just got back from court and lost a summary judgement with Capital One.. my question is... what happens next? I am currently on SSI Disability, so I know that those wages cannot be garnished. What is the SOL in WA State? I have seen numerous articles stating it is 3 yrs or 6 yrs. Any advice would be appreciated
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 11, 2012, 04:32 PM
    SOL no longer has bearing. The clock stopped when the suit was filed. A judgment can last for as much as 20 years.

If you are on SSi you need to inform your bank that all your funds are from exempt sources.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I received a judgment for a credit card debt from a collection agency. Several years [ 1 Answers ]

Ago I negoiated with them and authorized them to deduct from my checking account a certain amount. For some reason after about 4 months this stopped. Not because of me, but on their part. What do I do?

Summary judge granted to debt collectors [ 3 Answers ]

If I received a statement of judgment by court to pay a credit card debt. What will happen if I fail to pay? I live in South Carolina. And can I APPEAL this decision. >Moved from Forum Help<

Motion for Summary Judgment due to credit debt [ 0 Answers ]

In 2005 I ran into severe financial trouble, causing majority of my debts to go to collections. Unfortunately, many are still there. Spring of 2007 I received a summons for a court appearance because of a judgment that had been filed to my county court on behalf of the credit card company for the...

Credit card debt judgment [ 1 Answers ]

I am being sued by a credit card companyand I plan to let then have a judgment by default. I am to appear in 10 days to answer, but do not plan to do so. When my husband died, I was willed his interest in property owned by his family. I transferred ownership of my ineterest in the family...

Judgment possibilities on credit card debt? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I lost my job several years ago, had some medical issues and stopped making my credit card payments and have not as yet been able to catch up on my debts. I am being sued by a credit card company for $1400 not a lot of money, but much more than I have. I have a summons to appear in court...

View more questions Search