Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lighta1000 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2012, 11:23 AM
    Losing a best friend and having to lose another.
    So me and my best friend have been close for 11 years. 2 years ago she started talking to a guy friend that I had and sadly liked for a very long time and she knew that. They became very close and last year liked each other and went out. But because she was 15 and he was 16 her parents wouldn't let her date yet. So being a good best friend to her I decided to go with them so her parents would see that it was just a hangout. I told myself to stop liking him because so she could have him. During the time they were dating me and the guy became close as well and soon he started calling me his best friend.

2 months ago they got into a fight which in result my girl best friend stopped liking him but he kept liking her and sadly my feelings for him came back because how close we have gotten. So it was a love triangle :S Anyway after me and them both got into another problem that in result started making my girl best friend stop talking to me as much as before. Which I hope did not happen because I was going through some problems that I wished she was there for me. Now we still don't talk much because she says there isn't nothing to talk about anymore. For the guy he keeps being my best friend but I don't think its good for me because of how friend zoned I am and I want to get out of it because I'm suffering and I don't want anything to go between me and my girl best friend because she decided to still be his best friend. So what I'm thinking to do is to stop liking him by telling him to just be friends which I know will hurt his feelings and hurt mine, but I have no other option :(

So I do not know what to do with my girl best friend which is sadly drifting away from me and with my guy best friend that I have to "unbestfriend". What should I do? Please help? :(
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 11, 2012, 05:14 PM
    Continue to be his friend or come clean about how toy feel. But be prepared for a reaction you may not like.
    Have you not dated in all this time? How old are you?

Oct 13, 2012, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    Continue to be his friend or come clean about how toy feel. But be prepared for a reaction you may not like.
    Have you not dated in all this time? How old are you?
    I have never dated before , and I'm 17
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 13, 2012, 07:06 PM
    I think you should maybe talk to him find out where he is emotionally. But after all this time, if he has not turned to you, there is nothing there on his end.
    Talk to him and see where it goes, but be prepared to move on.
    LuiOus Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2012, 05:23 AM
    Well seeing as both friendships are not healthy for you. Drop them both. Friends come and go and so do "lovers" just leave imagine how many people you will meet in a year, or whenever. Its not the end of the world. I'm trying to help you by letting you realize the more you push either friendships the more they will want to leave you. So you should do it before they do it to you..

Oct 15, 2012, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    I think you should maybe talk to him find out where he is emotionally. But after all this time, if he has not turned to you, there is nothing there on his end.
    Talk to him and see where it goes, but be prepared to move on.
    Okay thank you ,you have helped a lot :)
    sean_s Posts: 103, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2012, 02:21 PM
    Never. Ever. Chase. A . Person. That. Freindzones. You. Period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My best friend and our Ex's [ 0 Answers ]

Ok Recently in the beginning of the year I separated with the mother my child after six hard years I called it quits I still see my daughter but Im going through a lot custody battles mean while my best friend of ten years also had broke up with her ex a couple months before me. She has been there...

How will I know is my ex-bestfriend is gay for me like I am gay for him. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 14 and in 1st year high school. I'm not gay at all but there's something in him that makes me what to be with him. Like always be there with him. But now we are not friends anymore. I don't know what happen. But in the start of high school he started to be so mean to me. In some occasion with...

Losing weight with out losing my boobs. [ 4 Answers ]

I was talkn to my mom the other day and I told her I wanted to get rid of my tummy fat and just tightn it up. You know get in shape in all that. But she told me if I work out and lose my weight that I would also lose my boobs as well. Is that true?

Loose weight or loose my marriage! [ 60 Answers ]

I have been married for about 12 years , my husband has always had a problem with my weight. I have never been hugely overweight just a little pudgy.At one time I lost a lot of weight and got down to a size 4. I am now at the most I have ever weighed.180 size 12/14 See the thing is, for the past...

View more questions Search