Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    floral Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 09:23 PM
    Parental rights
    I am in ny I want to sing over my parental rights?
    shylips Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 09:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by floral
    i am in ny i want to sing over my parental rights?
    Why would u want to sign over your rights
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 11, 2007, 07:50 AM
    I would ask this, why sign over rights, just don't visit, they can't force you. Just don't have anything to do with the child, they can't force you.

Now if what you are saying is you want to sign something so you don't have to pay child support, that is different, you can't. You can sign over rights to visit, to have custody and other rights, but you can't sign over your obligation to pay child support.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 11, 2007, 07:52 AM
    There are many threads here that discuss signing over parental rights/. Have you read them? If not, I suggest you do, you might find any questions already answered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

How do I relinquish my parental rights as a father. My ex-wife has full custody and will not allow me near her or my child.

Parental rights [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 and a half yr old daughter from the time I told the father I was pregnant he moved to a new state and has not had or wanted anything to do with her, now that she's turning 3 he has told someone close to me that he wants to see her and spend time with her, he from my view is not a fit...

Parental Rights [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Richmond Va and have a 12 year old daughter. At this time my ex-husband has full custody of her . He called and informed me that she wanted to live with me full time which I already knew but he said the only way he would allow that to happen is if I got the paperwork drawn up for him to...

Parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

I am a single mother. I have a three year old daughter. Her father has never had anything to do with her and has never saw her. We had a DNA test a couple of months before she turned three, in which he scheduled a different appointment so he would not see her. He tells me he does not ever want to...

Parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

I guess I didn't give enough information.my children are in Missouri.I am 38 and by now I should have ny life figured out but I don't. The reason my mother wants me to give up my rights is the fact that she has had them for the past 10 years. I gave her guardianship of them when they were 3&4 they...

View more questions Search