Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marie80 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2012, 08:11 AM
    Right upper back pain and right stabbing lung pain
    For over a year now I have had stabbing right lung pain which usually comes and goes, but lately has been more prevalent. It sometimes stops me mid-sentence or makes me freeze in place for a minute or so. Now for the past month, my upper right back has been sore. I tried ibuprofrin, hot packs, massages, everything. It won't go away. I did mention this to my doctor, and her reply was to stop smoking. While I have done that, it hasn't gotten any better and I am getting nervous. When I lay down at night, I get short of breath and I have been very tired, which is odd for me since I usually have insomnia.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 9, 2012, 08:37 AM
    Your doctor hasn't done a chest X ray? How long ago did you quit smoking?

You do realize what smoking does, I am sure... and you must realize that you can be very tired when you aren't getting the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the alveoli of your lungs... your lungs can renew those little sacs, or they can scar for life, and you will be short of breath forever. Or you can get cancer. Go ask for an X ray.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stabbing Right Side Back Pain [ 4 Answers ]

I have been to the ER twice last week with severe stabbing pain on my right side / back. I had an ultra sound of the kidneys / gall bladder / liver / spleen. also a CT scan of the chest & a thorasic spine X-ray. All came up negative except for the spine Xray: result was slight arthritus of the...

Pain in right side of back/lung area? [ 1 Answers ]

Last dew weeks on and off, I have had pain that seems to be in my right side lung in the back area. Hurts to breathe in at times or if I have to bend, or lay down. I have lower back problems but this is no-where in the back prob site and opposite side. All I know is it is really starting to hurt!

Pain in right side of back kidney or lung? [ 1 Answers ]

I have bronchitis and coughing badly I am also experiencing a constant pain in my right side of back from top to bottom not sure if it is my lung or kidney and when I'm sitting it gets worse. Please help

Quick, Sharp Stabbing Pain in Back [ 1 Answers ]

I have been awakened in 3 separate occasions with a quick, stabbing pain right of my spine in my back. The pain was intense for about 2 seconds... it left me breathless. It did not spasm. Pressing on the area after the initial incident did not cause pain. Thank you for any insight...

Stabbing pain in right side of back [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently experienced an intermittent stabbing pain in my right back ribs does this signify anything?

View more questions Search