Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ilovemesomehim Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2012, 08:47 PM
    I yelled at him
    I yelled at my boyfriend on Monday and he's still upset. I apologized quite a few times and he won't let it go its bothering a lot,I've never yelled at him before we never even had an argument in the 11 months that we have been dating. What should I do?
    jay-stud Posts: 43, Reputation: 0

Oct 6, 2012, 08:50 PM
    Try your best to keep talking to him about it . What exactly did you say?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 6, 2012, 08:57 PM
    Did he need to be yelled at ? It is really unhealthy never to have some argument or minor fight or disagreement. It often means one or both are not being honest and honest and holding things in.

If he did things to deserve being yelled at, OK say you are sorry and go on. If he is pouting after several days, sounds like he is being childish

Oct 6, 2012, 08:58 PM
    I I didn't curse, insult or disrespect him! I was just very blunt about how I was feeling towards him. Of told him he was selfish and I'm tired of everything being done on his time to some it up.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 6, 2012, 09:03 PM
    If that is true, good for you. Stand your ground, don't be sorry, He needs to now talk to you, so ask him to call you when he is ready to discuss this problem you two are having.

This is an example of what I was saying, you needed to have said something months or weeks ago when it started, but you got tired of too much and then got too angry.

Oct 6, 2012, 09:03 PM
    @ fr_chuck , we have disagreed on things before but never argued. I did yell at him because I was holding things inside. Im glad I yelled just sorry that I hurt his feelings... I do also agree that he's being childess.

Oct 6, 2012, 09:11 PM
    We have talked several times but he's being very hesitant and tells me he wounds aren't heeled yet. I'm getting inpatient and angry wanting to call it quits.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Oct 6, 2012, 09:59 PM
    If he is important to you, then apologize again about how the way you spoke to him. If his wounds haven't healed yet, then give him some time. If you want to call it quits for something that happened a few days ago, maybe this relationship doesn't mean that much to you. How old are both of you?

Oct 6, 2012, 10:04 PM
    Im 34 & he's 37. Hes very important to me, of just feel as if he's trying to punish me for my mistake and I'm becoming angry. I guess I can give him his space and not contact him.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Oct 6, 2012, 10:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemesomehim View Post
    Im 34 & hes 37. Hes very important to me, of just feel as if hes trying to punish me for my mistake and im becoming angry. I guess I can give him his space and not contact him.
    Maybe the no contact from you will get him wondering.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I yelled at my girlfreind and it scared her now she won't talk to me, what should I do [ 15 Answers ]

My GF of 2 years and I have both been really stressed. We have been fighting because of it. She told me she needed space to figure herself out. I snapped and yelled at her very loud for 5 seconds. She stormed out and said she didn't want to talk to me. She said when she is ready she will...

I Might Get Yelled At For This [ 8 Answers ]

The original story: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/she-wants-space-166149.html Or long story short: -- I'm 27, she's 26. I was in a 1 year 8 month relationship with a girl I really liked, but never shared emotions and nit-picked so much I caused her to walk on egg shells. On...

View more questions Search