Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brittdunbar2589 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2012, 11:16 AM
    Lying to my boyfriend
    Hi, I need advice... So I've been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years now. I used to be a complete pot head, and his little sister smoked too. I was trying to bond with his family, so his sister and I smoked together. When he asked me about it I panicked and told him that she didn't smoke. But then as he was asking me more questions the guilt kicked in and I told him the truth. We got into a huge fight because I looked him in the eyes and said she didn't at first. I swore to him that would never happen again. And it hasn't. A few months into our relationship he got tired of me smoking pot, so I quit. And now a year and a half later I had a slip up last night. I smoked. He found the evidence and asked me about it this morning... He gave me a chance to be honest and again I panicked and told him I didn't and played dumb, then told him the truth. I feel so stupid! That's what he gets so mad about (rightfully so). Is the fact that I lie before I break down and tell the truth. It's just that I don't want him to be mad at me or disappointed. And I had done sooo well! A year and a half, and I up, so that makes me feel ashamed in myself. He is so mad at me though that I'm afraid he's going to break up with me and that I couldn't deal with. This all could've been avoided if I had just told him straight up when he asked. Now I don't know what to do. He left and said he had some thinking to do... we've been through thick and thin together... I just can't believe I may have ruined us for good... please help. I need advice...
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 6, 2012, 05:52 PM
    Let him cool off and deal with whatever decision he makes. Get yourself clean from pot.
    Aside from that, there is nothing your can do.

Oct 6, 2012, 07:04 PM
    I am clean, that's the thing. I hadn't smoked in a year and a half and then it was around me and I let my guard down. Aside from that we don't have any issues really in our relationship.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 6, 2012, 07:28 PM
    He Obviously does not trust you as far as pot is concerned. All you can do is wait until he makes his decision.
    In the meantime stay on the right track.
    I wish you well.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 6, 2012, 08:17 PM
    He will most likely never believe you stopped for year and half and will think you keep smoking behind his back,

Since you lied about it twice, he will have serious trust issues going forward.

And another major issue, if you can't tell him the truth,good or bad, there is serious communication issues.

Oct 6, 2012, 08:44 PM
    We communicate perfectly though... really. And he knows for a fact that I was clean for a year and a half. And I can and do tell him the truth about everything, but when it came to this slip up I was embarrassed and ashamed and knew he was going to be disappointed in me... I just don't know what compelled me to do this..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my boyfriend lying? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dating a guy for about 8 months. A little while ago he took a photo of my in my underwear without my consent. At the time I wasn't sure if he was taking a pic of me but then I saw it on his phone which confirmed my suspicions. I confronted him about it and he became extremely defensive...

Is my boyfriend lying? [ 4 Answers ]

Is my boyfriend lying ? Just sex no strings attached we've been doing this for a year once a week. Its been 2 months since we had sex . Hes saying cause he has a liver problem and high blood pressure the med he's on he can't get a elerction. So I decided to go to where he works I saw him at...

Lying Boyfriend [ 12 Answers ]

I neeed help! My boyfriend and I have been dating for 3yrs. I love him dearly and he is great to both of my daughter that are not his children. This year I got really sick and they are not sure what is wrong with me. The doctors at first thought I had Chron's and determined later it was not that....

Why does my boyfriend keep lying to me. [ 10 Answers ]

I am 22 years old and have been seeing this guy that is 26 years old for a year and a half we have lived together for a while. But he keeps on lying to me about everything he has blocked me from he's Facebook recently he think I don't know about it. He has all he's ex girlfriends on there and he...

What should I do with my lying, cheating boyfriend? [ 6 Answers ]

During Oct 2003, about 3 months into dating, I found out that my boyfriend was emailing girls he found online in a "hookup" website and discussing sex. He promised never to do it again. Well, less than 1 week later, I found another email so I broke it off. I should mention that he said it never...

View more questions Search