Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gone4good44 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2012, 11:21 AM
    Is it over with?
    Hello,

I have been dating my girlfriend and raising her daughter for a little over 7 years now and we recently split up. She still wears her engagement ring, has pictures of us still up at her job and still has engaged on her fb status.

We have sat down and talked with each other and she says that she is not sure about our future and isn't sure if she is still in love with me. She does not really have much to say when we talk, it is like she is avoiding it. When we talk she becomes very emotional and begins to cry. Its like she does not want us to be like this .

A couple days ago she sent me a pic of her, the dog and her daughter, if I didn't know her so well I would think she was trying to be mean. She does not call or text but will pick up or text back most of the time when I do. I'm lost and need other peoples thoughts and opinions. Thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 4, 2012, 05:30 PM
    I would give her enough time and space to figure herself out, and decide what she wants from you. So what's been going on to bring all these second thoughts about? Did you live together?

Oct 4, 2012, 05:39 PM
    Yeah we lived together. We just talked and she said it was because she asked if I would put her on my health insurance since we planned on having a child and I made a joke asking if she was going to pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I would give her enough time and space to figure herself out, and decide what she wants from you. So whats been going on to bring all these second thoughts about? Did you live together?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 4, 2012, 05:53 PM
    I highly suggest you apologize profusely for your smart aleck crack, and do more than just be engaged to this female you have been with for 7years. Honestly, you have wasted enough of her time and she deserves a clear secure future. Doesn't she?

Keep talking, and do the right thing for you both. Is she pregnant?

Oct 8, 2012, 08:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I highly suggest you apologize profusely for your smart aleck crack, and do more than just be engaged to this female you have been with for 7years. Honestly, you have wasted enough of her time and she deserves a clear secure future. Doesn't she?

Keep talking, and do the right thing for you both. Is she pregnant?
    Yes she deserves a clear secure future and no she is not pregnant but we were planning for December to start trying. I have talked to her and apoligized for anything that I may have said or done that would would make her scared to further our relationship and told her I have always had the best of intentions for us and her daughter. Now I am going to give her space and hope for the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search