Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AlyB2013 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2012, 06:48 PM
    Plan b
    I had my period on Aug 16th normally, it was heavy and lasted for 5 or 6 days which is normal for me. I took Plan B around aug 30th and had NO side effects from it. I had unprotected sex every day before I took it and everyday after I took it,( I went to get on birth control but still haven't started it.) I thought my period was late on sep 13th but got it on sep 16th so I guess it was on time, but it was heavy but not as heavy as normal and it lasted less than 3 days which isn't normal for me. I haven't bleed at all sense than. Starting on sep 25th and still now on sep 27th I am having severe breast pain, severe, severe dizziness and light headedness, a few head aches, lowwer back and side pain and front stomach pains, and some clear breast discharge and some vaginal white discharge all in which is normal for my "pregnancys" also. It has been 4 weeks sense I took plan B. Am I pregnant again or what? I have been pregnant a lot and my youngest is 5 months old. I have been on progesterone with most of my pregnanys to "keep" me pregnant. PLEASE HELP??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 27, 2012, 10:22 PM
    What do you mean by had sex every day beore and after plan B.

Plan B is good for the hours before. No more than 72 hours before you take it, and is less and less effective. So a Plan B has no or little effect for sex 4 days before. It has little effect on sex after you take it..

Also a miss or light period or alther time of period is a side effect, as is some of the things you feel now. So this is the issue.
    Everything you say is a sign of pregnancy, but they are also Plan B side effects. No way to tell.

Really you are going to have to wait till oct and see if that period comes or not, if it comes, no issue, if no period, then you take your pregnancy test

Sep 28, 2012, 06:02 AM
    Yeah I know, I only took it because of my husband, I don't care if I get pregnant again. Also I miss calculated times. I had my period on aug 12 or 13th for sure and I didn't take plan be till the 31st of aug at the earliest or 1st of aug. and after I took plan be I had none of the side effects atall until the other day which was FOUR weeks after taking it. I was told that is most unlikly to happen a month after taking it because I didn't have any side effects from it to begin with until now. Is this true? I would have ovulated around the 26th/ 27th of aug than. And what about when I had ovulated and the time frame from than until I took the morning after pill? I had to take two pills at the same time, that what they told me to do so I did, because it was the one you take one pill than wait 12 hours for the next one. What are the chances now? Also how long does it take for a fertilized egg to "start" to implant (not fully implant)? I was told if it started to implant than most likely if I were to have got pregnant it would be fine but if it hadn't started to implant it may not implant atall. PLEASE HELP AWNSER ALL OF MY QUESTIONS!? Thanks:)

Sep 28, 2012, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    What do you mean by had sex every day beore and after plan B.

Plan B is good for the hours before. no more than 72 hours before you take it, and is less and less effective. So a Plan B has no or little effect for sex 4 days before. it has little effect on sex after you take it..

Also a miss or light period or alther time of period is a side effect, as is some of the things you feel now. So this is the issue.
    Everything you say is a sign of pregnancy, but they are also Plan B side effects. No way to tell.

Really you are going to have to wait till oct and see if that period comes or not, if it comes, no issue, if no period, then you take your pregnancy test
    k, well I have more questions which I wrote under your awnsers, I used the awnser button to type it and submitted it that way.

Sep 28, 2012, 04:40 PM
    Can someone please help awnser the rest of my most important questions about this? Please please please!! Thanks:)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 28, 2012, 05:18 PM
    The plan b is not 100%. No form of birth control is, and Plan b isn't either.

So you could be pregnant.

We have no more idea that you do if you are or aren't. Like every other woman on this earth, you'll have to wait and see. That's all we can do. That's all anyone can do.

Sep 28, 2012, 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    The plan b is not 100%. No form of birth control is, and Plan b isn't either.

So you could be pregnant.

We have no more idea that you do if you are or aren't. Like every other woman on this earth, you'll have to wait and see. That's all we can do. That's all anyone can do.
    K thanks
    Expert

Sep 29, 2012, 02:24 AM
    First please remember we are not paid experts, we are on here in our spare time to help, so often it can take a day or two for different experts to be online.

In my case, most likely I am asleep in bed when you are up writing these.

But online we can only estimate from info given, we can't do a medical exam. So waiting and testing is the only real choice on this

Sep 29, 2012, 07:18 PM
    K thank you. Have a great day/night:) Also if I had my period aug 12 or 13th I should have ovulated 26th. What about sex before that day. Could I have got pregnant those days right before and got pregnant that way (if I am)? Than if I had not got pregnant, when would I be ovulating again, would it be the same time frame or would plan be have messed that all up also? All of my symptoms are as followed...
    Extreme breast pain,
    Some clear nipple discharge (like colostrom),
    Some vaginal discharge,
    Headaches on and off,
    Breasts look darker, but can't tell if bumps are bigger because they really haven't changed too much from my last baby,
    Some on and off nausia,
    Extreme dizziness and light headedness,
    Mild constipation and bad hemeroids again,
    Fatigue,
    Back pain, stomach acheness, some side pain (not like period),
    Today a little crampiness feeling for short time,
    Gained weight,
    Feeling like movement in stomach constantly (which I always do when I am and they say it too early to feel fetus, assume gas),
    Some what moodier than usual, (can be anyways)
    Getting cold easy at times and hot easy at other moments during the day when everyone else seems fine,
    -Also my 18 month old is saying baby and touching my stomach and my 5 month old doesn't want me to leave her sight, and I had a bad dream about a week ago that I had emergency c sec and it was twins and one was too small and died. (not that this could or couldn't mean anything lol)
    Expert

Sep 29, 2012, 08:54 PM
    No, you and we have no idea of when you will ovulate, it is not so many days after a period, that is sometimes for some women, but a myth that it is always.

The only way to know a ovulate schedule, is to track it with body temp and other means your doctor will help you with.

So no we have no idea of your ovulation time

Oct 1, 2012, 07:53 PM
    Well I have always had my period ,than exactly 2 weeks later ovulated, than exactly 2 weeks later would have my period again. Sense my 5 month old it been a little irregular but most have been about the 12th every month. I had it last on the 12 or 13th and was most likely (pretty sure was) ovulating 2 weeks later. I took plan be sep 1 or 2, and got a shorter lighter period aug 16th instead of the 13th. So that you know now WHEN I SHOULD BE OVULATING, BUT CAN PLAN B EFFECT THIS? SO FOR SEP WHEN I SHOULD HAVE BEEN OVULATING, WOULD I OVULATE LIKE NORMAL FROM THE 13TH SAY, OR WOULD IT BE NOW FROM THE 16TH, OR COULD IT BE AFTER OR BEFORE THIS AND REALLY MESS IT ALL UP?

Oct 1, 2012, 08:15 PM
    Now today, I went out and bought a box of rite aids brand of pregnancy tests. I am still having same symptoms, but not as bad, but on and off all day like they were. I am still getting really dizzy but its not as much as it was before. I should have waited for first morning urine, but did'nt and it came up NEG. That was earlier and it 11 pm now, and still having the same symptoms especially the ache in stomach and kind of cramp like somewhat for some of the pain and sides back still hurt somewhat and very tired, all that. WHAT THE POSSIBILITY THAT I MIGHT STILL HAVE A CHANCE OF BEING PREGNANT FROM AUG BEFORE I TOOK PLAN B? ALSO WHAT IS THE CHANCE FOR SEP AND THIS MONTH(its oct now, that's why I said it like that)? COULD I BE HAVING SYMPTOMS OF PREGNANCY FROM OVULATING IN SEP AFTER I TOOK PLAN B AND IT JUST TOO EARLY FOR THE Pregnancy test? Ahhhh if not confusing enoghfe, I wish that I never took plan be and I promise to never ever take it ever ever again!! I hope that everyone knows all about the plan be before they take it, because I didn't know anything much about it before taking it! If I had I would have never taking it to begin with! By the way now I "want" another baby and we are not tech trying but we are not preventing it at all either, thanks, and please help! (by the way it doesn't matter when I am ovulating anyway because we never take a days break) please help awnser my four questions all together thank you

Oct 8, 2012, 06:23 PM
    Okay so when should I get my next period? I know plan be can mess this up, but how? Should I get it from when I got it from taking the plan b (which was sep 16th) or AM I LATE?? I know I should get it no later than the 12th if I didn't take plan b BUT according to web md I should have had it yesterday on the 7th.? Thanks:)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AlyB2013 View Post
    okay so when should I get my next period? I kno plan b can mess this up, but how? Should I get it from when I got it from taking the plan b (which was sep 16th) or AM I LATE??? i know I should get it no later than the 12th if I didnt take plan b BUT according to web md I should have had it yesterday on the 7th.??? thanks:)
    The plan B will mess up your period, which means that you won't know when your next period will be. We don't know either, nor does any doctor.

Oct 12, 2012, 03:25 AM
    Well now I want another baby and I have always been "really" extremely fertile, my husband don't but he say if it happens he will get over it, so we not using anything any ways:) thank you, have a great day:)

Oct 16, 2012, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alyb2013 View Post
    well now i want another baby and i have always been "really" extremely fertile, my husband dont but he say if it happens he will get over it, so we not using anything any ways:) thank you, have a great day:)
    I took pregnancy test today and its positive!! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plan to move oversea, best plan of attack? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 33 and plan to move to Hong Kong next March, most likely permanently. I have about $40K in Roth and $170K in 401K, live in MA, also own an apartment that I want to sell but that can wait, valued at about $200K. What's the best plan to withdraw these fund with the least amount of penalty?...

Plan b [ 3 Answers ]

What happens if you don't take the second pill when you use plan b?

Plan b [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I was just wondering is plan b less affective when you’re ovulating? Please get back to me because at the clsc they told me it was and I just wanted to know if it true.. . :confused:

View more questions Search