Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noodle54981 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2012, 08:39 AM
    Heart murmur
    Monday I went to the Doctor for strep throat, while the doctor was examing me she listen to my heart and said I had a heart murmur. Now Ive never had this before and I read up on the symptons of it and the only one I have is weight gain. Should I get this checked out further?
    poseidon_22 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2012, 08:48 AM
    There are several degrees of murmurs (6 degrees) ıt is important in which degree is your murmur. How much weigt did you gained in how long time?
    noodle54981 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2012, 11:29 AM
    Im not sure the degree of the murmur. I don't think its bad but Im worried cause Ive never had one before. I have gained about 10-15 pounds within 5 months. And it seems no matter what I do I can't get the weight down.
    poseidon_22 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2012, 03:46 AM
    Your weight gain may, be a sign that your body is holding onto extra fluid and your heart failure is started. Talk to your doctor about what you should do if your weight goes up or you develop more symptoms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 13 and they just now found a heart murmur [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 13 years old and yesterday at my sports physical the doctor found a heart murmur. They haven't found anything in me like that until now. Also my dad was born with 5 holes in his heart. He died last summer on the river but we don't know exactly what happened and we think it could've been...

Heart murmur and ed [ 1 Answers ]

About 3-4 years ago I was diagnosed with a heart murmur. Doctors told me to get it checked out but my parents never took me and we did not think much about it since my brother was born with one. I've noticed that lately I haven't been able to keep an erection. When me and my girlfriend have sex,...

Heart Murmur? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I spelled it right , but the doctor told me I have a heart murmur yet failed to explain what it is.. can somebody please explain? Are they bad? Is it hurting me?

Heart murmur, palpitations, pregnancy [ 6 Answers ]

I am only about a week pregnant and I have a pre-existing heart murmur and am having chest pains and palpitations what do I need to do?

Heart murmur [ 3 Answers ]

I have a kitten who is seven months old. I went to get my kitten fixed last week. The vet said that he couldn't do the surgery because he said my kitten was born with a heart murmur and that if he did the surgery he may not wake up. So the question I'm asking that I hope you can help me with is do...

View more questions Search