Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toughhlovee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2012, 09:15 PM
    My due date makes no sense?
    I had an ultrasound on June & the doctor said my due date was on October 18, 2012. Then I had another ultrasound on September and the doctor said my due date is October 10, 2012, but if I count 38 weeks back from those due dates that would mean my baby was conceived before my period. Could I have been pregnant during my period?? The first day of my last period was January 17, 2012 & I know it was definitely my period because it was the whole 7 days.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 21, 2012, 12:06 AM
    1. While rare it is possible to be pregnant and have a last period.

2. more common the fetus is smaller than normal or larger than normal and they just use average fetus size as a estimate for age of fetus.

These dates are guesses at best, and are normally good, give or take a couple weeks.

Thus a good example of why we say that
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 21, 2012, 03:56 AM
    38 weeks is just an average.
    Date of conception is just an estimate at mid cycle, and yes, you can have a period, or even more than 1.
    Determining age on ultrasound is an estimate too.
    Unless you only had sex once in all of January, you will never know when you conceived.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My due date doesn't make sense [ 3 Answers ]

The last time I was with my boyfriend was December 26/2011, after that we were not together. Soon enough I find out I am pregnant, the doctor told me my due date is october13/2012 as of today Sunday April 8 I am exactly 13 weeks and one day, how is this possible? Shouldn't I be 16 weeks? My first...

How do I prove to others it makes sense. [ 31 Answers ]

I am overweight and have thought of a way to help me lose my fat. I have told friends and hubby expecting support but got told I was not thinking straight. How do I show them that I am and that it makes sense? My plan is to cut the fat off my stomach. Once it is gone I will be fine. Now...

This old saying makes no sense! [ 1 Answers ]

Ive heard the saying "They want their cake and eat it too" But, if it belongs to them, shouldn't they be able to eat it? I don't get it... :confused:

This makes no sense to me [ 30 Answers ]

Why is it that if a person murders a pregnant woman he/she is charged for two first degree murders (assuming that the unborn child dies as well) but if a woman were to get an abortion, she is not charged with murder? I can understand that a woman has a right to her own body and everything...

View more questions Search