Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azoldalex Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2012, 01:02 PM
    How long does alcohol stay in system
    I understand that beer 3.2% alcohol will stay in your urine 24hrs? Where as any narcotic prescribed drugs will be observed in your urine for 3 days 72hrs. Is this close to being accurate?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 15, 2012, 01:05 PM
    It depends on your body weight, your gender, and many other things.

If you're undergoing drug screening of any kind the only sure way to get a clear test, is to not drink or do drugs. If you're undergoing drug screening then there's a reason for it.

So, why would you risk it when you're not supposed to? Why are you not getting help for this addiction instead of worrying about a test after you've done the deed?

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2012, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by azoldalex View Post
    I understand that beer 3.2% alcohol will stay in your urine 24hrs? Where as any narcotic prescribed drugs will be observed in your urine for 3 days 72hrs. Is this close to being accurate?
    No it isn't. One beer as described would have a BAC clearance around 1.5 - 2 hours. Of course any substance remains detectable in urine until you void.

Drug clearance is based on drug type, your metabolism for the specific drug and history of use.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does alcohol stay in your system [ 1 Answers ]

I drunk a sparks drink about 5:00 pm it was 6.0 in alcohol with other ingredient flavors. How long will it take to get out of my urine and blood.

How long does alcohol stay in system [ 3 Answers ]

I am on probation for DWI. I see my probation officer at 8am in the morning. I have just finished a 24oz. Beer. Will it still be in my urine if tested? If not, can I have one more?

How long does alcohol stay in your system? [ 2 Answers ]

I am in a second chance program. They do random drug tests an give me up to 3 days most for the day they called me to come in. If I was to drink on Saturday night. How long would it take to get out of my system? I know it's a stupid question because I got out into the program because of drinking....

How long does alcohol stay in your system? [ 1 Answers ]

I drank one glass of wine on Thursday at 8:30 PM and I have a alcohol urine test today (Friday)at 2:30 PM. So there will be an 18 hour gap from when I had that glass of wine and the urine test. Will the glass of wine show up in my system? Can I do anything to remove it from my system like drink a...

View more questions Search