Are Basement Apaerments Legal In New York City
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Mar 9, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkersbait
    Are Basement Apaerments Legal In New York City
    NO
    standupfly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 08:15 AM
    Yes, they can be, a basement apt can be legal if the house is a legal 2 family on record with the county clerk, this can be checked easily on line, alll records of house legal status is available via the nyc.gov website, you can even search by address.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance coverage for apartments - change in law [ 3 Answers ]

During the past snow storm, one of our tenants fell on some black ice in the parking lot. We did everything possible to plow and salt the area, but it was an extremely bad snow storm, considered the worst since the 90s. Hasn't there been a recent change in the law regarding responsibility when an...

Apartments [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been working on lowering our bills. Mine got paid off but he still has about 6,000 left. We absolutely HAVE to get an apartment in June and we are afraid we could only get 2,000 or 3,000 paid off by then. Our credit scores are in the low 600's. Does anyone know the...

Basement [ 3 Answers ]

Hi- We are starting to refinish our basement and we don't have any problems with water. The basement is poured concrete we are finishing about half of the space. I framed the walls with steel studs and purchased but have not hung yet green board Sheetrock that was recommended by our local lumber...

Basement [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there well I am trying to put a washer in my basement but the sewer line is on the other side of the house from where it will be put so I am asking how should a go about running the drain line without cutting a hole in the floor I have herd about a sump pump and a tank but was not sure if...

Apartments and Cosigning Requirements [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine is trying to find an apartment. A rental has come up, but the landlord is requiring that he not only cosign, but have someone in the CITY cosign for him as well. He is - from out of state. - had a house foreclosed on him before. - does have pets (1 cat and 1 dog). Is it...

View more questions Search