Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    767flyguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Remote Control Fan goes at 1/2 speed
    I have a Hampton Bay remote control fan, it goes at 1/2 speed in full and medium and does not go at all in slow.
    The forward/reverse arrow on the remote LCD indicates the opposite direction the fan is moving.
    calvin Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

Mar 8, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 767flyguy
    I have a Hampton Bay remote control fan, it goes at 1/2 speed in full and medium and does not go at all in slow.
    The forward/reverse arrow on the remote LCD indicates the opposite direction the fan is moving.
    Call the customer services on 877-527-0313 apparently they are extremely helpful and not that shy in sending out replacement parts etc...
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2007, 08:56 PM
    It sounds like a bad capacitor, likely the entire receiver would need to be replaced, or you can take the whole thing back to Home Depot for a replacement under warranty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3-speed fan control switch wire connection [ 23 Answers ]

Inside housing case are two boxes. One box has #1,2,3,and letter L. The other box has 1 red wire glued in silicone. There are two cords running into housing case. A gray cord coming from fan's motor with 5 wires: White,yellow,blue,gray,green w/white stripe. A black cord (two prong plug) with...

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Fan speed control [ 4 Answers ]

Can the furnace fan speed be controlled by a rheostat or other device?

Ceiling fan with 2 speed control switches [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if it was any way possible to hook up 2 control switches to 1 ceiling fan? The fan is at top of stairs and connected to a high ceiling so if this were possible it would be so much of a convenience instead of always running up the stairs to turn on fan. Any help would be greatly...

View more questions Search