Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brew49411 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Girl problems.
    I need some advice. I met a girl about two months ago. We both are from the same area and both moved to Miami. At first it was kind of a playful relationship. We would hug and have gentle exchanges, but it was more flirting than anything. About two weeks ago we started getting much more serious. We stayed at each others houses and if we weren't sleeping together, we were text messaging each other. She was the primary pursuer of this relationship at first, but I found everything about her comforting and slowly started to fall in love.

Sometime into our relationship she made comments to me about how a guy we both knew was creeping her out with inappropriate touching. I kind of chose to ignore this, being that we both knew this person and I didn't feel like I should be overly possesive. This situation was mentioned to me twice over a two week period. On Monday, we went out together to a bar and this person happened to be there. He began rubbing her back in front of me. I said nothing, and made no action other than a dirty look. She got angry, I ended up leaving without her. In the next couple of hours, (while trying to plead my case to her with no answer on her phone) I was nearly robbed by three men. I fought off the attack (Thank you United States Marine Corps!) but was stuck with no ride and nobody to help me. She came to my rescue. However, appon giving me a ride home, she said "You don't own me" and would only let me kiss her on the cheek to say thank you . All day Tuesday we kind of avoided each other, but did talk some. She wasn't her normal self. I swear that before this, I did nothing to be possesive in any way. She asked me to make this guy stop! I am so confused right now, all I want is for things to go back to the way they were before Monday.

PS
    I haven't talked to her in over 24 hrs because I feel she needs space. Am I right to do this? Have I lost her for good? Any advice would be great.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Maybe talk to this guy, a mutual friend I assume, casually and mention she doesn't like the touching and casually bring this fact up to her next time you do talk... I would think it would be good to call her, not sure if you should wait longer though... hmmm.

Mar 8, 2007, 01:39 PM
    I think I am going to hold off any type of communication till Sunday. I have talked it over with the guy and we are OK. The reason I am going to wait till Sunday is because then she can see for herself that the guy OK with me and not mad. This still doesn't help with her though. I am sick about this whole situation. I really don't want to lose her over something so petty!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 8, 2007, 08:20 PM
    She told you about it to get your help and you did nothing. Not good as a protector are you?

Mar 8, 2007, 08:25 PM
    I didn't want to seem like I was being to possessive. Trust me, I am more than capable of protecting someone. I protected this country for four years in the marines. I did send a message in a way that didn't require dialog or action.

I tried to text message her today, momentary laps of judgement, and she didn't respond. Its not looking good. Should I move on?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat problems or furnace problems [ 22 Answers ]

Is it possible that a thermostat operates correct all the time except when it reaches the temperature that is set doesn't maintain that temperature?:D I noticed that actually that thermostat gives a signal to the furnace but furnace doesn't turn on but that happens only when thermostat needs to...

Having girl problems... [ 9 Answers ]

So I am a junior and this girl is a sophomore... we first met over the summer at a mutual friends bbq... we swam played volleyball got to know each other, I was very attracted, and according to the mutual friend so was she. But for the rest of the summer she went to europe with family and I went to...

Problems with a friend that is a girl [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, I have this friend we will call her "L". I have known her since high school and she is like my best girlfriend, but last night got a bit out of control. She has a boyfriend, and we have never hooked up or anything like that, but her EX boyfriend of 3 YEARS is a PSYCHO!! She still talks to this...

Girl problems - fight [ 9 Answers ]

Ddf deddd

Girl Problems [ 6 Answers ]

How do it say this.. Well I'm 19 never had a girlfriend and stuff. I'm surpirsed I talk to them and it get no furtehr than that. Either we good friend or they just don't like me. I feel I'm just ugly and fat, girls who know me say I'm funny, nice and this and that...they never...

View more questions Search