Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thegoodguy11 Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2012, 05:06 AM
    What kind of spider is this
    My girlfriend got bit by a spider the bite is pinkish red can you please help me figure out if this is poisonous or not
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2012, 05:39 AM
    Since none of us have telepathic powers, without a photo or at least a description of the spider, as well as knowing where on the planet earth this happened, how is anyone supposed to answer.

Sep 8, 2012, 05:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Since none of us have telepathic powers, without a photo or at least a description of the spider, as well as knowing where on the planet earth this happened, how is anyone supposed to answer.
    I can't post a pic I'm on a phone but please try to help me out here its links a couple intches big with kind of a white center but please try man this is my girlfriend we're talking about ]

Sep 8, 2012, 05:47 AM
    I can't post a pic I'm using a please
    Phone. The bite is like a couple inches big with kind of a white center with pinkish red around it. At least try to help me out this is my girlfriend we're talking about please try
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2012, 06:19 AM
    Is this in Australia, England, Brazil, the USA? Like I said... all spiders have 8 legs a lot are big... some are poisonous, a lot aren't, but not all of them live in everyplace on earth.

You could always take her to the doctor.

Sep 8, 2012, 06:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Is this in Australia, England, Brazil, the USA? Like I said...all spiders have 8 legs a lot are big....some are poisonous, a lot aren't, but not all of them live in everyplace on earth .

You could always take her to the doctor.

This is in north Carolina of the USA and I wish I could but we are 13. Does a poisonous bite look like the description
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2012, 08:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodguy11 View Post
    This is in north Carolina of the USA and I wish I could but we are 13. Does a poisonous bite look like the description
    Then get her parents to take her to the doctor... she did have the common sense to talk to her parents about this? Didn't she?

I'm familiar with the more common spiders that come into homes where I live, But I'm not familiar with all of them... it doesn't sound like either a Black Widow or a brown recluse common in our area. But like I said I'm not an expert on spiders.

However if it was... you would have known by now... as it would have gotten a LOT worse.. but still spiders with a venom like the brown recluse causes tissue death if untreated.. I don't know of how many other with a similar venom are in the mid-Atlantic region... but it would be a good idea if it gets ANY worse for her parents to take her to a doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What kind of spider is this? [ 6 Answers ]

23693 23694 23695

What kind of spider is this? [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know what kind of spider this is?

What kind of spider is this? [ 1 Answers ]

Was cleaning my windows and disturbed this little guy... Have never seen anything like this before. New to Northwest Indiana and unfamiliar with the native bugs.

What kind of spider is this [ 4 Answers ]

I found this spider in my room, I live in Minnesota, and this spider is about half an inch in length, has slightly furry legs, and very hard exoskeleton. It's also not brown, its black, and those lines are white.

What kind of spider [ 1 Answers ]

We found a huge spider with a white sack attached to it. When we killed it, goo squished out. Do you know what kind of spider this is and is it poisonous? Also, was the spider going to have babies? Is that what the white thing was?

View more questions Search