Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Swayzee_McFly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2012, 09:29 PM
    Type in Physics Questions Get Answers
    A cheetah can accelerate from rest to 24 m/s in 2.0 s. Assuming the acceleration is constant over the time interval, a) what is the magnitude of the acceleration of the cheetah? b) what is the distance traveledby the cheetah in 2.0 s?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2012, 06:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Swayzee_McFly View Post
    A cheetah can accelerate from rest to 24 m/s in 2.0 s. Assuming the acceleration is constant over the time interval, a) what is the magnitude of the acceleration of the cheetah? b) what is the distance traveledby the cheetah in 2.0 s?

AMHD does not do homework. Please post your answer and someone will come along and review it.
    ddawg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2013, 08:35 AM
    Acid rain is a growing worldwide environmental problem. Naturally, rainwater should have a pH of not less than 5.5, but in the northeastern United States, for example, the average pH of rainwater is about 4.5. The increased acidity of the rain kills plants and animals in lakes and streams, causes increased weathering and decomposition of limestone in statues and on buildings (posing a major threat to Greek antiquities), and creates problems with the production of fruit and vegetable crops. The major chemical involved is sulfur dioxide, SO 2 , which combines with rainwater to form sulfuric acid. Atmospheric SO 2 has many sources, with volcanoes being the primary natural contributor. However, the burning of fossil fuel as the result of human industrialization has led to a significant increase in atmospheric SO 2 levels. The number of moles n of SO 2 released from a coal-burning power plant can be determined from the density d , volume V , and the molar mass m m of SO 2 gas given off by the power plant.

Part A

If a given power plant released SO 2 gas with a volume V of 1200 m 3 at a density d of 2.86 kg/m 3 at standard pressure and temperature, how many moles n of SO 2 are released?
    The atomic weight of sulfur is 32.07 u and the atomic weight of oxygen is 16.00 u .

Express your answer in moles to three significant figures.

n =

mol
    ddawg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2013, 08:38 AM
    What is the answer
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2013, 09:08 AM
    I don't have to provide the answer. I don't need the credit.

AMHD doesn't do homework. You know that, right?

Your demand for an answer has gone unheard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Answers to all physics questions? [ 6 Answers ]

A 75.0 g bullet is fired at a muzzle velocity of 476 m/s from a gun with a mass 4.75 kg and a barrel length of 60 cm How long is the bullet in the barrel?

Get answers to physics questions [ 1 Answers ]

A roller coaster moves 85 m horizontally, then travels 45 m at an angle of 30 degrees above horizontal. What is the displacement from its starting point?

Answers for Physics Questions Online [ 1 Answers ]

A man of mass 80 kg is standing on a compression balance which is fixed in a lift. Find the reading on the balance, when 1. the lift is moving upwards in a uniform velocity

I need answers and the work for these physics questions [ 2 Answers ]

I need help on these physics questions. Can someone please help me with any or all of these. I need to know how to do all of these, so if you guys can take like a question or two and help me with all the question. I need the work and the answer. Thank you so much! Question #1 An 82.00kg man jumps...

I need the answers and work on these physics questions [ 2 Answers ]

I need help on these physics questions. Can someone please help me with any or all of these. I need to know how to do all of these, so if you guys can take like a question or two and help me with all the question. I need the work and the answer. Thank you so much! Question #1 An 82.00kg man jumps...

View more questions Search