Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JulSand Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 05:23 AM
    Any specific requirements if US soldier wants to marry in US an European citizen?
    Hi there,

Is it true that an US citizen (in the army as sergeant) cannot get married with an EU citizen (non arabic background) before getting sort of clearance from the authorities that the person is not a spy or summat?

If this is true what kind of request/paper does the American citizen have to submit and where (in the US - which official body) to?

Thanks a lot
    JulS
    VAlost Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 12:17 PM
    You need to go through a background investigation with the Army on your wife. Contact your admin shop, your not the first person in the army to marry an EU citizen. I work for the Govt and had to do that with my wife who is also EU citizen. The process takes about 120 days. You will have to provide all of her family information. Its allot of paperwork,but well worth it in the end. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US naturalized citizen to become French citizen? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello! I want to know what the process is like to become a French citizen for an American Naturalized Citizen (born in Armenia). My boyfriend is French, and we might get married but we might not. I want to know : 1)how I could be granted French Citizenship without marrying my boyfriend and...

One brave soldier [ 14 Answers ]

I saw this story and thought to myself "what would other people think." so I'm posting it here and would like peoples opinions on it. Conscientious Rejector? - Kevin Sites in the Hot Zone From Yahoo! News I'll let you all know what I think in a day or two

Marriage law between a Turkish citizen and Greek citizen [ 0 Answers ]

To whom it may concern ı would like to find out if a Turkish citizen gets married in Greece with a Greek citizen does the Turkish citizen has to wait and remain in Greece until her residant permit arrives? Doesn't she aloud to travel abroad before the resident permit document arrives? How...

I'm a soldier who lost a leg in Iraq. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a soldier who lost a leg in Iraq. I came back home in darkness with so many bandages without anybody noticing us. I have made a vow to myself to reveal the lies of those who stole my life. Here is the truth they are trying to conceal from you As casualties mount in Iraq, so has the...

View more questions Search