Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roxy1011 Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Sep 1, 2012, 11:27 PM
    What is an ideel pet for an 11 year old girl?
    What is the best type of pet for her cause we need to know what type of pet she can take care of?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 1, 2012, 11:38 PM
    An 11 year old should be able to take care of most all kinds of pets, but there are other factors. One is what kind of pet the child would like to have, and another is where you live (city, country, busy road, house, apartment, etc). Another is how much time the child has to give to care of the pet, especially before school and right after, if sports and lessons and so on are part of a busy schedule.
    So I would sit down with your child and start talking about all of this over several days and maybe weeks, because it's an important and serious decision. If you haven't had experience with puppies and dogs, I would think twice before getting one, because they require the most attention and training. Maybe a cat, hamster, gerbil, or parakeet.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2012, 09:28 AM
    Guinea pigs make good first time pets..
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 2, 2012, 09:40 AM
    A tarantula!

Ok, kidding... although they do make great pets.

My daughter had a mouse. A little white mouse from the pet store and that seemed to be a great pet for her. Easy to take care of, fairly cheap, she even thought it was cute.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl? [ 13 Answers ]

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl in Michigan?

3 Year old Pug, New Home, Snapped when being pet [ 11 Answers ]

I just recently adopted a 3 year Pug from a foster care. When we were at the foster parents house, "Bailey" was coming up to my wife and I, letting us pet him submitting etc. etc. After picking him up, we drove home (1 hour drive). I tried to put the leash on his harness and he snapped at me. ...

Is it legal for an 19 year old girl to date a 16 year old girl in Oregon? [ 2 Answers ]

We are both girl's and wanting to know if it is legal to date each other?

Cartoon about girl and boy on island with pet dolphin? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the title of a c artoon from the 80s or 70s maybe earleier. I have only vague memories, but I know there was a little girl with red-hair and she didn't wear a shirt, m and her brother lived there also, and a father figure of some sort. They fished in the ocean and there was a...

View more questions Search